Opinions on what color to dye my hair?

Options
silhouettes
silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
I wanted opinions on something I was thinking about doing! (copying this from my facebook.. thought you guys might have opinions based on my looks!)

I need to dye my hair. It's ugly. What color should I go for? Thinking dark blonde like in HS... It WAS red in October but that didn't last long... it's been black before, but that's so close to this icky brown color.. hmmm decisions! Wonder what Josh (my husband) would do if he comes home to a pink or blue headed wife one day? haha

I don't want to get it professionally done again because guess what less than 6 months later it's back to the same color! And last time I did it myself it stayed... Figure that out.

Wonderr if I have to bleach to go blonde... last time I accidently dyed the whole thing blonde when trying for highlights... not point fingers but *whispers my cousin* apparently things highlights are the whole head... but I liked it nevertheless and it stayed a long time... I didn't bleach it then... just used some painful hair pulling strand cap that ended up not working anyways cuz the whole thing turned blonde haha.

Replies

• wildkiger
    wildkiger Posts: 25
    Options
    Have you ever tried henna (cassia - blonde, indigo - black, and any combination in between)? You can't go lighter, though.
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hair dye is one of the most awesome creations of all time. I have had maroon streaks, dark purple, very blonde (natural blonde) all the way through the spectrum to almost black. Right now I'm bored to death being back to my natural blonde color, but the upkeep on the roots was torturous. I may have to dye mine, too.

As for you, I really liked my purple hair. Don't think Barney, it was more "looked black unless the sun hit it just right". Just a thought.

Have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • silhouettes
    Options
    No I haven't actually dyed it myself since High School, like 10 years ago... so not sure what brand is even good to go with these days.. I used... Herbal Essence I think in HS.. or Claire (spelling) been so long.
  • silhouettes
    Options
    Hair dye is one of the most awesome creations of all time. I have had maroon streaks, dark purple, very blonde (natural blonde) all the way through the spectrum to almost black. Right now I'm bored to death being back to my natural blonde color, but the upkeep on the roots was torturous. I may have to dye mine, too.

As for you, I really liked my purple hair. Don't think Barney, it was more "looked black unless the sun hit it just right". Just a thought.

Have fun! :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean :) My last color was dark red and very bright red when the sun hit it, I loved it but it didn't even last a few months... I was very disappointed that's why I'm going to do it myself this time instead of spend a crap ton on a professional.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You dye Easter eggs, you color your hair. Sorry, cosmetology school kicked in.

It's getting spring/summer, go lighter.

Mine has been every color. Quite literally.
  • TIFFYBABY83
    TIFFYBABY83 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi, I was looking at your pics and in my opinion ,(I know you didn't ask about cutting it but), a short funky hair style with side bangs would look great on you and as far as color, do a rich deep dark brown with bright blonde and red highlights scattered about! I think that would look Fantabulous!
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    highlights would fix an icky flat color quickly. it's what I did.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Totally agree with the short funky style with highlight!