Shoes for Walking?

Options
So what are the best shoes for walking? I have a bad knee and I really need shoes that won't aggrivate it when I walk. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    My Hubby and I both have knee issues--mine were worse than his but they are much better since I lost weight.
    We both have Skechers and LOVE them. He says he will never buy anything else. Mine are Shape-Ups, his are just regular walking shoes. If you get the Shape-Ups be sure to break them in VERY gradually like the Video says. I got an instructional Video with both pairs of Shape-Ups that I bought.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My Hubby and I both have knee issues--mine were worse than his but they are much better since I lost weight.
    We both have Skechers and LOVE them. He says he will never buy anything else. Mine are Shape-Ups, his are just regular walking shoes. If you get the Shape-Ups be sure to break them in VERY gradually like the Video says. I got an instructional Video with both pairs of Shape-Ups that I bought.

There have been injuries for people that wear Shape Ups or similar 8 hours/day etc. Sketcher's response was "they were never designed to be worn all day." I would not suggest a shoe like that to someone with knee, ankle or even back issues.

Just go to a store and get fitted for a walking sneaker. Go to a small shoe shop and they will give you extra attention. That way you're supporting a small local biz and not buying from a big box store.

If you want to save $$ check out 6pm.com for shoes (love them!!)