Dang tailbone! Or maybe I'm growing a tail.

Options
Since I have lost some of my extra padding back there I have noticed that my tailbone is starting cause some discomfort when I do exercises on the floor. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    tailb? hahaha. yoga mat!
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mine is a constant, fat or no! lol My husband teases me that I have/had a tail. It does hurt in certain positions. And once I went down a friend's tiled pool slide. Ooooh that left me bruised for days. Just be aware of it from now on!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, it also caused pain in my lower back. My yoga mat isn't thick enough for comfort so I either use an exercise ball for a lot of ab exercises or I use a towel under my lower back/tailbone. Hope it helps!!!
  • linemansgirl
    linemansgirl Posts: 152
    Options
    I injured my tailbone while horseback riding when I was eleven. I don't know if it broke and grew back wrong or what, but where the tailbone is supposed to curve in mine sticks OUT! :noway: Now that I am thin this causes major problems for me with just sitting down in a chair, let alone doing floor exercises and biking. I really struggle with Ab Ripper X in P90X because of it. :sad: It helps if I do it on a bed, but doesn't completely solve the problem. I am ready to talk to a doctor about it to see if ANYTHING can be done. I don't have any ideas, just a you're not alone! :ohwell:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have tailbone issues. I fell hard on my butt playing basketball in my teen years. I've always felt discomfort there since then and like the bone shifts. Totally ignored it, I mean, honestly, what can thy do, wrap a cast around it? So anyway, now that I've lost this weight, holy hell am I in pain if I sit a certain way and forget crunches. I do what I can. Glad to hear that I'm not alone.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have same problem. Sit ups without a mat on hardwood are killer. I have learned to do most at a tilt or take a town and place down for extra padding. I am intrigued with this tail theory.... it it can coil and grasp things I am game. plus would let others know when i am happy. :p
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I broke mine as a kid too. I cannot do a traditional sit up without it getting in the way.....that is why they invented the stability ball! Screw the sit ups :)
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Same issue. I use a small cushion to ease the pressure, seems to work for me and I had surgery on my tailbone so can sympothize with u.