help! two little boys called me fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My niece was hugging me one day and then started poking at my stomach saying 'You're squishy!!'. She thought she was just the most hilarious little thing. :laugh:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It must have been incredibly hurtful to hear it, especially at a time when you were celebrating your success.

Trouble is, unless they're taught not to be, kids are brutally honest. They say what they see, without thinking about how it might hurt someone's feelings.

So, accept that yeah you're fat (after all that's why you're losing weight, right?), but also accept that you ARE dealing with it, you ARE doing a great job, and that pretty soon kids aren't going to have any reason to say anything so rude to you ever again.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and just keep looking forward. Don't let rude people win.

No excuses but it could be that the mother was so mortified she didn't know what to say (hopefully that was the case)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Times like those I have instant can't-filter-itis and things randomly fall out of my mouth!!!

I would have looked dead at the Mother and said "you should teach your heathens some manners!" and then I WOULD have walked out right then and there.

I'm sorry that two little rotten brats with no manners and a ****ty Mom rained on your parade.... but it wasn't 10lbs worth of rain so you can still hold your head high!!

Also... I have a 2 and a half year old and believe me as soon as the words "look at that woman" came out of her mouth I would have been already correcting her. You DONT talk about people, you talk to them or not at all. But then again I am a very proactive Mom that keeps my child on perfect behavior and manners. Been called a tiger Mom before lol
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *The reason why I haven't liked kids.*
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    Probably the reason why I don't want kids now lol
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    SHAME ON THEM AND SHAME ON THEIR MOTHER! I AM SO GLAD YOU BOUGHT THE SHIRT, YOU DESERVE IT!

YOU PUT THAT SHIRT ON AND YOU STRUT YOUR STUFF GIRLIE! I CAN'T WAIT TO LOSE 10 LBS AND I'M GONNA!

SO PROUD OF YOU, DON'T LET THOSE MEAN LITTLE BOYS TAKE YOUR JOY AWAY!

ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF YOU LIKE AND WE CAN CHEER ONE ANOTHER ON!:drinker: