Let them have their moment PLEASE!

Options
Here is my rant.
I hate how selfish some people are here.
Someone will have a great NSV or just something they want to share like "Hey I ran a mile without dying today"
and instead of giving them a compliment or even just a "WTG" they go on to pat themselves on the back with a
back handed compliment like "hey congrats, I just did 3 miles in 5 minutes and it feels great"
What The Heck people come on. Say something nice to them and if you feel the need to be narcissistic go ahead and
post something yourself so you can get the adulation of the masses but please let the rest have their moment.

That is it. just wanted to get it off my chest.

you may resume your regularly scheduled programing now.
Oh and I hope all of you have a great day

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    My rant was better.

JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear my friend. :drinker:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's a good one! And if you notice that no one has commented on their NSV or something, how about dropping a "great burn" or "good job that's awesome"...because you know as well as I do that they're checking their thread constantly to see what people have said.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My rant was better.

I really laughed out loud. My boss came into my office wondering if I had finally lost it. Thanks that was great
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Yeah that's a good one! And if you notice that no one has commented on their NSV or something, how about dropping a "great burn" or "good job that's awesome"...because you know as well as I do that they're checking their thread constantly to see what people have said.

Absolutely agree
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    i so agree... any nsv is a motivation.... and everyone needs encouragement..
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i know the things i achieve are trivial to most, but unlike most, i started at 292.5lbs and it is a hard slog just walking around sometimes, let alone even thinking about hitting the gym or walking 5 miels without feeling like you are hyperventilating...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how they say it...I usually take those comments as a way that people are trying to relate and be encouraging.

So instead of taking is as bragging " I just ran 3 miles"....I guess I read to much into it and read it more like "Hard work pays off, I can run 3 miles now and you will too if you keep this up"....haha

Maybe my brain is more optimistic than I think it is.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    My rant was better.

SO FUNNY! LOL!

Re. OP, I agree! You've got me thinking back, hoping I haven't done it... LOL!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!!:drinker:
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This is why I think a "like" button would be good. Sometimes it's very hard to keep up with everything here.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think we're all guilty of it to a certain extent. I also think (hope) that its done as further encouragement. Nice point tho, I will check myself a little now that you've mentioned it could be taken as a one up.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have seen some replies bigger than the OP's ! lol

I agree.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when people try to make the person feel bad for their choices. But I can understand when people share something similar on the same thread just to try to make a conversation.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Say something nice to them and if you feel the need to be narcissistic go ahead and
    post something yourself so you can get the adulation of the masses but please let the rest have their moment.

Y'know. Wanted to add, that this very thing you mention reminds me of those mothers I complained about last week. (Remember that gripe?) Braggin' b******.

Also a random comment, I saw a Yoda quote above. *thumbs up*