beer

Options
mirgss
mirgss Posts: 275 Member
So, if I have calories left at the end of the day, is it ok to fill those calories with beer? I mean assuming my protein etc is pretty close to what it should be. Or will it be really detrimental to my weight loss? And I'm not talking like 10 beers here, I'm talking like 2.

Replies

• AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you've got the calories it wont hurt you any just watch the carbs=)
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    keep it in moderation or a light beer. yeungling light is only 90 calories a bottle~
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. Bud 55 only has 55 calories (just sayin):wink:
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Agreed, if I have a long day and 170 calories and carbs left, I am grabbing myself a Fat Tire. As long as it's not an everyday habit & your not sacraficing eating certain nutrients just to drink beer, I think it's fine!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Depending on what style of beer you're drinking, it could actually be healthy for you. Stouts and porters are the healthiest kind of beer. Bud, Miller, Coors, etc., don't have as many benefits.

I've been brewing beer for 10 years as a hobby, so I've really juggled beer and tracking calories for a while ;)
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Yeah watch the carbs. You're better than me if I have 1 I gotten have 13. Part of the reason I gined so much weight. So have 1 for me
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    not really but i know you just want to hear yes, so just drink it for crying out loud.
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    go for the beer! haha ! I would do the same! 2 beers won't kill you..
    Try Molson67! ONly 67 calories and doesn't taste like water! :) enjoy
  • jpbowersjr
    jpbowersjr Posts: 1
    Options
    Drinking beer is just like drinking a load of sugar, it's full of it. On the other hand, I enjoy a good brew every once in a while and you shouldn't look at dieting as punishing yourself. You just have to take a look at what your goals are and if you really need it and work it into your calorie defecit. I good idea might be to train yourself to think of it as a reward and that you won't pop the top until you've lost a certain amount of weight. I decided that I'm going to weight (play on words) until I've lost 10 pounds before I drink beer within moderation. I hope this helps.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Depending on what style of beer you're drinking, it could actually be healthy for you. Stouts and porters are the healthiest kind of beer. Bud, Miller, Coors, etc., don't have as many benefits.

I've been brewing beer for 10 years as a hobby, so I've really juggled beer and tracking calories for a while ;)

Tis True!

While alcoholic beverages are basically "empty calories", darker beers have been shown to have the same benefits as red wine in regards to healthy heart and liver function. (In moderation of course).

A couple now and then is actually good for you.

Homebrewer here as well!
  • julie0477
    julie0477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories available, by all means DO IT! 1 alcoholic beverage for women and 2 for men are actually recommended for heart health and other benefits as long as you can keep it in that moderation. More than that, of course, causes all kinds of problems with weight gain being on the list but not the most important. Uh oh - I'm tired and rambling... I must need a beer. :) Michelob Amber Ultra is my favorite.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input :) It has definitely been a stressful day. And I did exercise!! So maybe I will kick back with a cold one...and I can still take a walk later! ;)

Ahhh Yuengling....wish we had it here!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Tis True!

While alcoholic beverages are basically "empty calories", darker beers have been shown to have the same benefits as red wine in regards to healthy heart and liver function. (In moderation of course).

A couple now and then is actually good for you.

Homebrewer here as well!

It's refreshing to see someone NOT recommending crap like Bud 55!! ha ha
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Can't get Yuengling here in Vermont either...wish we did. Everything in moderation for me.
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can drink beer!!! Why the hell didn't someone say something before now?
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    YAY for good beers!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Stouts and porters are the healthiest kind of beer.
    Add in trappist ales and amber bocks and ales and i ask if there is any other kind? oh and hefeweizen!

When you are young the saying is: Life's to cheap for short beer!
    Then you aquire taste and it becomes: Life's too short for cheap beer!
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    I would rather drink no beer than bad beer but Guinness IS good for you!!! Not just a slogan!!
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No Yuengling in CA either, oh how I miss NY!