what is your definition of love?

Options
ladymoonlite
ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
:heart: what the topic says :):heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ..have u ever had your heart broken?:brokenheart: do u have a special someone in ur life already?

Replies

• lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think true love is only found once. When u meet them dark becomes light and the rain feels like sunshine. U don't want to be away from them and they are who u think about all the time. And yes I do have that special someone :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What is love?

Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.

--- honestly though, yes I have a special guy. I would not complain one bit if I spent the rest of my days by his side. I've had my heart broken in the past and probably did some breaking to others, but now all I see is future and a happy us. :)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I've had my heart broken a few times, and I've broken someone's too.

I don't believe that there is one person out there for everyone, if that were the case our species wouldn't survive. But I do believe that every love is different, and that the love we feel for someone lives on forever in one way or another - you never forget the feelings you had for someone - it's almost as though they are imprinted on your heart.

With that said, my husband is my best friend and the best person I have ever met. Each and every day I know how lucky I am, and I know that if something every happened to him I wouldn't be able to move on - I would be alone. I couldn't be with anyone else - I wouldn't know how.

If I hadn't have met him I know I would have found someone else eventually, but it wouldn't be the same as it is with us. I've never felt more secure in myself as I do with him, and I've never met someone who I admire as much as him.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    What is true love - it may exist to some, others try and search for it, when they may have already found it, does it only come around once? IMO no..

No-one special now and yes :brokenheart: a couple of times (been done to me and I've done it) but hey, that's life :smile:

To me, love is so much and so little, it's an affection, an affinity that you have or had with someone. Someone who you made memories with or will make memories with, a lover, a friend, a kin, a brother or sister (non-related), a soul mate, someone who makes your heart skip a beat, smile when you're down, find comfort in their voice, arms or eyes. Someone who picks you up when you need to without asking, someone who stabilises you, yet supports you, someone who above all else you respect and trust and someone that when you are intimate with them, clocks stop ticking; the world seems to stop turning for those moments that you are embraced..

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments. Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O no! it is an ever-fixéd mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wandering bark,
    Whose Worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
    Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come;
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
    If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think that you can have a fulfilling life with anyone to be honest. You can love anyone and knowing the difference between puppy love and mature love is what a lasting relationship is all about. Love isn't easy or always pretty and to make a marriage last you have to check your ego at the door.

Just IMHO.

I have been with my husband for 5 years and have had my heart broken as well as breaking someone elses. I've been on all fronts of this thing we call love and although it is wonderous I am going to have to agree that it is an illness as serious as the plague.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had my heart broken a few times, and I've broken someone's too.

I don't believe that there is one person out there for everyone, if that were the case our species wouldn't survive. But I do believe that every love is different, and that the love we feel for someone lives on forever in one way or another - you never forget the feelings you had for someone - it's almost as though they are imprinted on your heart.

With that said, my husband is my best friend and the best person I have ever met. Each and every day I know how lucky I am, and I know that if something every happened to him I wouldn't be able to move on - I would be alone. I couldn't be with anyone else - I wouldn't know how.

If I hadn't have met him I know I would have found someone else eventually, but it wouldn't be the same as it is with us. I've never felt more secure in myself as I do with him, and I've never met someone who I admire as much as him.

I could not agree more :)
  • Marcus_E
    Options
    What is love?

Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.
    Ahh classic Haddaway 90's TUNE :wink: :happy:
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    ♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I too have that special someone and he makes my heart go pitter patter and whenever I see him or talk to him, I sigh with a smile because he knows just what to say to make me smile. When I least expect it, he will surprise me with an email with a single sentence that lets me know I'm on his mind.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments. Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O no! it is an ever-fixéd mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wandering bark,
    Whose Worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
    Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come;
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
    If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved
    Quite impressive...I do not know many men that can quote Shakespeare let alone a sonnet. Bravo!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    oh wow. love.. thats a tough one! love is something that cant really be defined, only felt and expressed. broken hearts suck. and the worst is to love someone who doesnt love u in return. thats my situation right now. and it SUCKS! but, i put on a happy face and continue on with my day.
  • Marcus_E
    Options
    Quite impressive...I do not know many men that can quote Shakespeare let alone a sonnet. Bravo!
    Thank you, who else could define it better than Will's himself... (okay maybe Byron as well)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think my definition of love has changed as I have got older. I had my heart broken as a teenager, but then got together with my now husband at 19, and after 14 years with him, I can't imagine life without him. He's family, and that's what love is.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am hoping that I am with my true love. But according to everyone else I've made the wrong choice. :ohwell:
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Love is being able to stand morning breath, nasty gas, and underwear on the floor. If you can stand that...Your in love :tongue:
  • ladymoonlite
    Options
    haha love for me is having chemistry, being honest with one another, loving them with no limit, and respecting everything thats important to them, thinking of them every waking moment, and when u get butterflies when ever u see them...or hear their name :)...i have had my heart broken a couple times...im actually still dating the one who hurted me the most...and i have broken a special person's heart which is my best friend *hes a guy* he told me he liked me and i believe i have more chemistry with him than i do with my bf...i loved my bf like crazy before he was so great...but now...its super different. i want a guy who can respect me and my family and friends!...he told me he hates them...thats not a healthy relationship in my opinion and hes just so different... :brokenheart:

he told me i was his true first love but i dont think he knows wat love is :frown:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Still looking for it after numerous heart breaks through life.

Thinking it is when you can sit together watching TV and look over at a lady and that alone makes you smile and happy in life that she is there with you.
    The walk along a trail holding hands in silence.
    Being willing to lay down your life to protect her and always thinking of her happiness first.

Would be nice. :smile:
  • ladymoonlite
    Options
    I am hoping that I am with my true love. But according to everyone else I've made the wrong choice. :ohwell:

thats wat everyones told me too....im starting to agree with wat everyones told me though
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Yes..heart broken here
    Love is all about trust and respect.....
  • ImBabyBunny
    ImBabyBunny Posts: 75
    Options
    I honestly belive the definition of true love is strength and sacrifice.
    Any relationship takes too people, so both are going to have to do something they wont normally do because they love u. ....They REALLY love u!

Example : My boyfriend stayed up all day and night with me for 5 days to help me finish half a year of school work .....If I didn't have hes help, I would have got kicked out of school.

And with strength....it's because love is terrifying. I was so scared of ever fighting with him, ever losing him, him leaving me.

There was a time in our lives where everyone who new us, wanted us apart.
    Countless fights with outside sources ...going to bed night after night pathetically cuddling with a pillow and crying myself to sleep. Looking back on everything we went through, I cant belive we made it , we are still together.

Hes one of those men who don't cry, rarely show emotion, and always has that ''I can take on the world'' attitude.

I will never forget this one time when we where talking together about us, I was explaining how I felt about him and why hes amazing...but I find it so hard to belive that someone could love me...he looked up at me and said '' I want you to belive me, I truly love you, more than I have ever loved any women!'' I was like ''Oh My..are u crying!?'' hes like ''No, Maybe...a little'' Than we both laughed. It was one of the best moments of my life.

All and all it's amazing, terrifying, and one hell of a ride! It's love!
  • Marcus_E
    Options

thats wat everyones told me too....im starting to agree with wat everyones told me though
    To both - not everyone is right.. A lot depends on your own feelings and how you feel, but if you doubt it within yourself and not influenced by others - then yes, it may be the wrong choice.. Sometimes it's better to get out early than to risk an unhappy life and the old saying as well:

"it is better to have loved and lost, than never have loved at all"...