To much Proteins

Options
sole_ve
sole_ve Posts: 4 Member
hello!!!
When I completed my food diary, I'm under my calories goal.. but I am often over in proteins around 10 or 20 grams over my goal. How can I cut this proteins or just I have to watch the calories, carbs and fat?
Thanks

Replies

• webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi, what is your protein goal? If you'd like, message me a typical daily calorie spread with protein, fat, and carb grams. I'd like to see the distribution before we assume you are over your goal. If you like, you can also post that here.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It's ok to be over on the protiens. Your body will only use what it needs and pass the rest. Better to be under the carbs.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    im quite often over on protein, i watch fat and sugars more than anything:smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    10 or 20 grams over isn't a big deal. You can also adjust the percentages manually. I personally think MFP has carbs set far too high at 55%, so I've lowered mine to 40% and raised protein to 30%.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there is absolutely NO such thing as too much protein. Plus MFP has it WAAAYY too low- you should aim for 1g/ 1lb of your target weight.......
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If you're still under or at your calorie goal, you're fine.
  • sole_ve
    sole_ve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I thought that I was fine.. But I just wanted to hear some advices! Now I'm sure.. Thanks so much!

I have lost 5lbs since I joined fitnesspal.. I cook every day counting calories!.. I have some good cook books that I would like to share with you:

-" Mix and Match Low-Calorie Cookbook" -Cooking Light
    - "Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes" they are a good choice to have a complete meal!

Thanks again:wink: