Fellow Vegans

Options
How many carbs do you aim for in a day? I generally exercise alot so MFP tells me I can have 300 a day but that seems excessive. I was just curious what you folk do.

P.S. If you happen to look at my diary I am aware that too many of my carbs are from bread...I'm working on it. Definitely going to start getting it from fruit and veggies.

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Mine is all over the map. Feel free to look at my diary. When I quick add calories I try to mention what it is so you can tell if it's carb-loaded or not.

I tryyyyyyy to limit my bread but some days I eat 3 sandwiches in a day just because I love sandwiches more than anything.

Except for alcohol and the occasional flour tortilla, none of my carbs are simple (all whole grains) so I don't sweat it... we vegans always eat more carbs than omnis... I think it's unavoidable.
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, and I overdo the carbs almost daily. I also eat mostly whole grains too so I try not to worry about it too much. I eat a lot of brown rice. I'm trying very hard to add more veggies to my diet though.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I eat close to 200 a day. I put my carb ratio at 60% though with a calorie budget of 1400.
  • chilipeppers
    chilipeppers Posts: 119
    Options
    I eat probably between 210-280 a day.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo tempted to try vegan for at least a week, just to see how it goes
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your answers :)
    Before going vegan I relied on cheese and eggs to fill me up. I'm trying not to replace those calories with a loaf of rye bread :blushing:

Enigmatica- You should try the vegan lifestyle : ) Although it takes at least 3 weeks to become a habit so the first couple of weeks could be rough. Especially the transition to soy milk.... I did it before for a year and I felt better about myself, no lingering dairy guilt, my skin cleared up and I wasn't nearly as tempted by junk food.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I quit cow milk years ago. Almond milk is my fave!!