The Calorie Battle

Options
krb731
krb731 Posts: 76 Member
I stopped smoking three months ago. In order to flush my body of nicotine I drank lots of water...I mean A LOT OF WATER. Since I was making a major adjustment by quitting, I allowed myself to eat as much as I wanted. Unfortunately, that didn't last long because as you know water can really fill you up. So instead of pigging out like most people who quit, I stopped eating as much.

Two months ago I officially started working out, because I was so energized from no longer smoking. I had no intention of tracking my weight, calories, or anything close to a diet. I just wanted to do something and continue to feel great (which I did/do). Then a couple of weeks ago I stumbled across this site and decided to join, just for the fun of it.

Yesterday, my doctor told me I have lost 10 pounds since my last visit three months ago (the same day I had my last smoke). All of this is great, but for the life of me I can't eat 1800 calories a day for squat!

So I'm asking for help. Can anyone tell me how to consistently eat that much food each day? The thought of forcing myself to eat even when I'm not hungry is crazy. Then I don't understand eating back the calories I've burned. What is the point of burning them?