top gear (u.k)

Options
does anyone else seriously love this show? i think its the single best car show on tv...it got me into cars

Replies

• ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Yes!!! My absolute favorite was the Peel P50 episode... I was in tears I was laughing so hard!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Idk if i've seen that one but the episode where they were in boliva was hilarious. and where jeremy drove that 3 wheeled red car and turned out of the driveway and tipped it lol also i :heart: the sitg
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE Top Gear!!!!! The Stig rocks my multi colored socks :)
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that is actually the show with the highest number of followers in the world. Its AWESOME (unlike the US one =op)
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    ahaha watching it now they just said this "now its time to hand it over to our team racing driver....some say his left nipple is the exact outline of the nurburgring" fantastic
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that is actually the show with the highest number of followers in the world. Its AWESOME (unlike the US one =op)

I definitely like the UK one WAAAAY better than the US version. I upped my cable just so i can get BBC since they stopped showing the old one on the history channel
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    yes, I love it, love all the presenters not just Hammond! My favourite was the Brian Johnson...Brian who? episode (AC/DC) if you can get to see the full length unedited version do so!

They get away with so much because its the beebs best show by far and there is no way the beeb would pull the plug on any of the presenters without losing mega money
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    ever since i seen the Bugatti veyron on there...my dream car.ive been in love
  • StaceyDono
    StaceyDono Posts: 21
    Options
    I did not know love... Until I watched that show.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love Top Gear too! My 15 year old son got me into watching it. I think right now we have around 48 episodes saved on the DVR!
    He thinks he's gonna get a Bugatti for his 16th birthday....and he is....a model of one :laugh:

Did you see the video of the idiot who drove a Bugatti into a lake?
    Bugatti...$1 million
    Cell phone...$100
    Drive the car into the lake because you dropped the phone...priceless :embarassed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't even really care about cars and I love that show. Netflix has seasons 2-12 and parts of seasons 13 and 14 on instant watch. I think my favorite one ever was when the drove motorcycles through Vietnam.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    They crack me up. I really love the Bethlehem (Christmas) episode. I've watched it a couple of times.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    best show around, I loved the episode last series I think it was when they made cars into caravans, clarksons was about 15ft tall and blew over, mays had a toilet on the roof.

They ended up camping on a site ive been to in Cornwall a few times :)

Oh if you like Clarksons view on things, check out his books he has a fair few, ive got all of them and there bloody funny, he really really hates the french in them :P lol
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love it, although obviously clarkson is a t*** , its a guilty pleasure.

My favourite was the driving the cars through the deep south of america with the slogans on the side. Genius
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    ahaha watching it now they just said this "now its time to hand it over to our team racing driver....some say his left nipple is the exact outline of the nurburgring" fantastic

i have this on a t-shirt (and its tame racing driver not team)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! My absolute favorite was the Peel P50 episode... I was in tears I was laughing so hard!

i went to the live top gear show a week after this episode forst aired in the uk and they had it there in the show and clarkson did a survey of who had watched the episode in the audience and pulled someone out that had seen it to drive it, and promptly made them drive into a narrow "parking space" made of hay bales that was too narrow for him to open the doors and of course because he hadn't watched the show he didn't realise there was no reverse and had to sit on stage for about half an hour trapped in this tiny little car, with regular you should have watched the show comments thrown at him, poor bloke.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i love it, although obviously clarkson is a t*** , its a guilty pleasure.

My favourite was the driving the cars through the deep south of america with the slogans on the side. Genius

OMG, that was one of the funniest things ever! I loved the Vietnam one too - that statue! Heheh! Also, when they turned the cars into boats and tried to get across the channel! In fact, probably most of them! I'm not remotely interested in cars either!

Seconding the love of Clarkson's books - I'm not sure whether I should be disturbed or not, that he puts into print what I am often thinking!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yup, love it!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Botswana special is my fav. when Hammond named his car Oliver... haha love the show :love:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    ever since i seen the Bugatti veyron on there...my dream car.ive been in love

I also want one of these please!! Absolutely stunning! Fantastic show...me and Hubby2Be love it! :wink:

They get away with Crazy stuff...how about when they drove through a southern state in America with all those slogans written on their cars! :laugh: :noway: