Adipex?

Options
I had an old prescription of adipex in my cabinet with only a handful left. I decided a couple of days ago to finish them up since I can't seem to get myself on the weight loss train. I've taken them for the past three days (actually I only take a half pill), but in the afternoons I get so cranky and feel so yucky. I feel drained (like I do when I've been out in the sun sweating at the beach or something). I feel better when I eat, but then I feel like I sort of crash again. Has anyone else had this experience? I probably have a weeks worth left, but I don't know if it is worth it since they make me feel so bad. I have eaten a lot less, though.

Replies

• brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Adipex (Phentermine) is essentially legal speed. The reason you are feeling so sluggish is because you are coming down from your "high." The way the drug works is to give you jittery energy by increasing your heart rate and therefore, you don't feel hungry.
  • hchaskins
    hchaskins Posts: 5
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. It does work- I lost some weight, but it made me feel pretty terrible. The worst part is that I could not sleep at all when I was on it!
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I had a prescription for this years ago and it worked great for me, no side affects. Wish I had some now so I wouldn't feel so hungry all the time. No job, no health insurance, no doctor :(
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was on and off that drug for about 5 years. Sure I had tons of energy, no appetite and lost a bunch of weight, but I couldn't sleep, couldn't ****, and was a raging psycho *****! Sorry for the swearing but its true. It also completely screwed up my metabolism, which is why I am now over 200lbs and have a very hard time losing weight. That stuff should be banned.