HRM vs. MFP database calories burned

sculptcha
sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
I just ordered a HRM today, and I am fairly sure that once I start using it, my burns aren't going to be as high as MFP says they are. Which isn't such a bad thing, as it will hopefully motivate me to step up my intensity. But how do I log it? Is there a "quick add" for exercise like there is for food? Maybe (likely) I'm just not that clever and missed it, but I can't seem to find it on on the site or the app. Or do I have to create my own exercise to get the numbers right?

Thanks!

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    You should be able to add your own exercises or modify the calorie burn on the ones MFP already has.
    I don't think there is a "quick add" for calories. Which would be kinda nice.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Under the exercise tab, when you search for an exercise and it's not in the database, you will see "Add an exercise to the database" on the lower left of your screen, click that.
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    I go to the exercise tab and then click on my exercises. Then at the top you will see a create exercise button. That will let you name your exercise and then enter how many minutes you worked out for and calories burned. Hope that helps! Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Any exercise you search for will pop up with a value but you can overwrite that value with your own calorie count.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    All you have to do is change the cals burned for whatever excercise you do. For example, if you choose elliptical, mfp gives you 400 cals, erase the 400 cals and enter your hrm value...easy.