Wendys BLT Cobb Salad

Options
suzannekk
suzannekk Posts: 12 Member
I'm so frustrated.
I got a full BLT Cobb Salad (which was fabulous, btw) and pulled the car over in the parking lot to look it up and register my calories before I went home.
I googled and found that it was 440 calories and 100 per pack of avacado dressing. (They provide 2)
Then I get home, and log in to register my excersize and finish the day and here it says it's way more, and no mention of 2 dressings.
The Wendys website says flat 670 with no mention of dressing. I had figured 66o WITH the dressings. I didn't eat the croutons.
ANYONE? What's true?

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think the one with 440 calories was for the 1/2 size portion. The larger size is higher.

LOVE that salad, BTW! :smile:
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    ... I ate one of those too think I was making a good decision and then I saw on the sodium... yikes!
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Go off the Wendys website....alot of the fast food salads seem healthy but once you pull the nutrition info its just lik eating a burger! Try Mcdonalds South West Salad with the Low Fat Balsamic Vinagette..Salad 320 and dressing 40!! good luck!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Well, I just had a Village Inn Cobb Salad, and had to look all over for the info, but finally found that a whole salad (about 3 cups) is a bit over 600 cal, and it doesn't say anything about dressing.
    It's all the little extras on a cobb salad that get you - olives, bleu cheese, bacon, avocado, etc have lots more calories than the salad greens and tomatoes.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I never order salads---I'd rather make my own with spring greens, cucumber, tomato, onion, my own 0 cal, 0 fat, 0 carb dressing. You just end up eating way too much crap with those salds. I can eat 6 ounces of chicken and a bunch of steamed veggies as well as my homemade salad for 300 calories and it would stick to my walls and last longer than any salad would.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    funny you should mention the wendy's blt salad. I ordered my first one last week, and it was ok. I wasn't expecting the chicken, and was wondering why they call it the blt when there was no bacon or tomato.
    Anyway, i get home to see what the calories was on that, and i see that they shorted me the bacon, and the blue cheese crumbles, and gave me a different dressing (lower cal).
    Since i got the half size, which was supposed to be 399 without dressing, i just called it 275, since i didn't get the good stuff. :(
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    On the Wendy's website if you go the the nutritional information page for the salad, there's a place to click to "Personalize It". This lets you add or remove some items to the salad. I wish it would let you remove the cheese since I pick as much of the chees off my salads as I can. Anyway, a full size BLT salad without croutons is 670 calories. But that's with 2 packages of dressing (it won't let you choose just 1, another pet peeve of mine). So if you only used 1 package of dressing you need to manually deduct the extra dressing off the totals. The calories would be 570 and 26g fat with only 1 dressing. Hope this helps!