what names do you find attractive on the opposite gender?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    I used to live next-door-but-one to a Berenice - everyone called her Bernie!

There were quite a few Egyptian queens called Berenice (I think the first one was married to Ptolemy I). It's actually a form of Veronica, and means 'bearer of victory', which I think will be highly appropriate when you reach your goal!
    I don't like being called Bernie, that tends to be short for Bernice. I love my extra e!

One Berenice was the sister of Cleopatra 7th (the famous one) and queen before her. I can point out my name on the Rosetta Stone :smile:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    I can point out my name on the Rosetta Stone :smile:

That's so cool! :bigsmile:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    I am reading a book series and the three main guys are Ryne and Kane...I kinda liked that. But Kellan is also really hot.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Very good question - probably a bit of both, and the circumstances in which they grow up, plus the personality of the person/people naming them, IYSWIM. My youngest is called Ziggy - I had no idea when he was born that he would ever play guitar, but he does, and what's more, he teaches it to people with learning difficulties. Moreover, he's never had a lesson in life!

That's awesome! I work with developmentally disabled adults and know the healing power of music and art. Without the pressure of rules to follow some of the most beautiful minds are bloomed.

I named my daughter Seren Alexandria. It has a duel meaning short for Serendipity, which she has been since the moment I found out she was a girl, and it is also Welsh for star. It will be very interesting to see how, if at all, her name influences her. My birth given name is Raven and I think that by the way people react to me based on their own preconcieved notions and ideas had a roll to play in who I am today. Names can cause a bit of an environmental shift in a young person's life if they are out of the norm.

Yay...beautiful welsh name "Seren!"

From a welsh lass! xx
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Brady:love::love: :love: :smokin:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I can't say i find any names attractive but there are a few names that would put me off in the first place (shallow I know) I won't put them out there tho because I really don't want to offend anyone who has been given these names...I'll give one...Neville. I've only actually known a couple and they were both very nice blokes but geeky as you can get. The one was a computer nerd in the 70's before computer nerds had even been invented!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    I've always loved the name Chad, Brad or Josh

Lucky me...I'm dating a Chad now :love:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Kristie -- Like that a lot.

Maria -- Like that one too.

Patricia -- First love was Patricia. Used to walk a mile out of my way every day to walk past her house in the 5th grade. Never stopped. Never talked to her. In 7th grade, at an afterschool sock hop, she asked me to dance in the gym. Somehow I managed to answer. Nodded, drooled or something. Some kind of non-verbal-affirmation. Never spoke to her again, but fell in love for life. However it is that awkward, red headed freckle faced nerds fall in love.
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    I love the names David and Keith and justin and chad, zach, jeremy. I really love the name David (that is my wonderful hubby) and the name Keith that is my son.:tongue:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    I've always like guys whose names start with J.
    I'm married to a Jeremy.
    Our little boy is Jasper.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    For some reason I've always been drawn to:

Jenna (my wife's name) / Jennifer / Jen - (but not Jenny lol)
    Kelly
    Ashly
    Dawn
    Victoria (or Tori for short)
  • I tend to prefer shorter names. My boyfriend is Tom (short for Thomas)

I do feel a lil bit sorry for kids with different names though. My name is Kayleigh and until i was 12 nobody had heard of it or could spell it :P

I do feel a lil bit sorry for kids with different names though. My name is Kayleigh and until i was 12 nobody had heard of it or could spell it :P

Yeah, it's annoying. Thankfully my first and middle names are super easy for everyone to pronounce/spell, but my last name is Czech and isn't pronounced phonetically at all (it has a silent "o" and an "a" that's pronounced like an "e", LOL) so of course no one knows how to say or spell it and even though I don't blame them at all because I wouldn't know either if it wasn't my name, it gets soooo annoying sometimes. I will def. take how hard it will be for people to know how to pronounce and spell a name when I name my hypothetical kid(s) in the future.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    My husband's name-- Henry :love:

Though also, you might have met some not so smart people, LOL. I mean, Kay and Leigh are pretty normal names that are easy to pronounce, so saying them together shouldn't be that hard! It's "KAY-lee", first syllable rhymes with "day", right? I think some people just don't think very hard. :laugh:
  • My husband's name-- Henry :love:

Your husband's name is awesome, I love the name Henry! I used it for my kitty since I don't have kids yet, haha.
  • I've always like guys whose names start with J.
    I'm married to a Jeremy.
    Our little boy is Jasper.

Jasper is awesome! WTG on picking a great name!
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    I like my fiances name Gareth. A very unique welsh name (after one of King Arthurs knights.) Aside from that I like Marcus, Noah, Daniel, Gabriel, Logan, Seth, Lucas, Jacob, Owen and Ethan. Mind you if my second child is a boy we will be naming him Marcus.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've never met one (an adult), but how could a Gavin NOT be attractive...LOL
    That's all I can think of...
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Women with city names always attract my attention., e.g. Paris, London.

Shawn

LOL I love how you added your name on this post...
This discussion has been closed.