Bittersweet

JinnJinn
JinnJinn Posts: 21
edited September 27 in Success Stories
So the last couple of months have been crazy. My 90yr old grandmother fell in the tub and I have been running here and there taking care of not only her but her home and doin' whatever the aunt and uncles decide I need to do. Well my sweet grandmother died a week ago today. It has been rough because I was so close to her. But........ I know she isn't suffering anymore and she is in a better place.
I haven't been able to eat very well or get my exercise in regularly much less log in everyday. However, my mom decided that she was gonna buy me a new dress for the funeral. I have the ol' stand by LBD, but she insisted. We go into TJ Maxx (My Favorite) and start looking. We find one. She asks what size and I said, "I know I've lost almost 30lbs but dresses tend to run small so just get me the size 18." She got the size16 & the size18. (As much as I hate to say this, I have been in a size 20 in dresses for a good while now.) We go to the dressing room with about 5 dresses and I begin to try them on. Well I put on this dress and...... PERFECT! I loved it. She said, "That's the one! Which size is it?" I looked at the tag on the one hanging and....... It was the size 16!!!!!! I was so excited! I really hadn't realized that I had lost so much, not only weight, but inches. Although I hated what the dress was for, I loved the dress and that it was smaller!
Today I went swim suit shopping and oh how I hate that. I tried several on and found one that looked not half bad. I will never think I look great in one. lol! So I got it. I had picked up several sizes... 16, 18 & 20. It too was a size 16. I was thrilled. That just keeps me wanting to get even smaller. I love the feeling of accomplishment no matter how small!
Next week should be back to normal and I can finally get back on my daily routine. I have some catching up to do. But I am pleased with my success so far.

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    i'm very sorry for the loss of your nan.

but i'm excited for the loss of your inches! wtg.
  • jpock
    jpock Posts: 8
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. It sounds like you are making wonderful progress! I just joined about a week ago and am hoping to have similar results. Keep up the good work!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm very sorry for your loss :(
    Keep up the hard work. I'm sure your grandmother would be proud of the progress you're making in building yourself a healthier life.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!