Saying hi first!

Options
So this is where I awkwardly stand up at the meeting and say "Hi my name is Nikki and i'm overweight". Well I am, and that's why I'm here. About me...I'm an ICU and trauma nurse in a large metropolitan area, I've been a nurse for 4 years and love my job. I'm 28 years old, single with only dog children. Also at the moment I have a broken wrist which didn't help my feelings of heaviness.

I'm here after a friend recommended it. He has lost about 60 lbs and I thought "I lost 40lbs before, but I had a boyfriend...now I am doing this alone, maybe I should find some support." I had been working out with a trainer and was increasing my muscle but not really watching what I was eating. This time last year I did Atkins and lost 40 lbs...and put about 15 back on (muscle and some fat, the gym does fun things to your body). I am realizing that I am going to be 30 in the not so distant future and I don't want to go into my 30's in the 200's.

So now i'm doing keto, waiting to get my cast off (it's been 7 1/2 weeks...hopefully done with it tuesday may 10!!) and then back to the gym..I don't know for sure what my ultimate goal is, but it's at least 100lbs away from where I am now..and I'm sure that with my determination and support I can get there!!

Nikki :)

Replies

• GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP! If you would like some support feel free to add me :smile:
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    hi and welcome too, love reading peeps reasons for joining, so inspirational!!!

good luck x
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hei Nikki!

Your story sounds very similar to mine - astonishing :)
    I'm a med student in my final year, and starting to work in a few months time. I stressed, if anyone will give me a job, when I'm looking like I'm now.
    I've been overweight all my life, with bigger or smaller "problems", and now I feel like the time to act is HERE and overtaking me with a pink-feathered hat and saying: come on, we have to speed up!
    calculating in lbs is something abstract for me, since in europe we are using kgs, but I'm 170 lbs and want to reach 155 lbs by the beginning of july. I know this is quite a goal for 2 months, but I definitely have to do this!

So, what u think of dieting together? :)
    If you want to, fell free to friend me. I would love to find some friends in here

Lisa