Hello!

Options
I am new to this type of weight loss help. I need to loose about 60lbs and I have a very hard time doing so because i work the night shift. Makes the schedule of your body all goofy. If there are any other night workers who are on here and want to work together to loose weight that would be awesome! I also need motivation to go walk or do some free excersise when i get home from work...i always make excuses :)
Nice to meet everyone!

Replies

• mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I work shifts so do the occasional night! In fact I'm working tonight and tomorrow night!!
    I used to do a lot of nights and I know what you mean about it messing with your diet!!
    I used to find some nights I'd barely eat anything whereas other nights I'd be starving!!
    I also found a lot of people take a lot of crap to work on nights (Crisps and sweets!) and I used to find it hard to resist! A lot of fellow workers used to say calories at night don't count!! :laugh: If only that was true!!
    I'm currently thinking about what to take to work tonight so I have something to munch on!!
  • nicoleburk
    nicoleburk Posts: 10
    Options
    I went to a dietician and she gave me some good ideas and has me at 1200-1500 calories a day. What problem i run into working nights is I get up at 8pm, Dietician told me to eat a supper before work, so I have to count dinner towards my calories for that day. Then I have ALL night with eating food that adds to my calories and then in the am so i feel like im overlapping my days for food. I hope that makes sense. I wish i worked days were i could get up eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner then go to bed and wake up to a new day. Nights i get home from work and go to work on the same day...icky
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I was doing regular nights I used to turn my day completely around! I used to get up around 6pm and I'd have breakfast, so a cereal and a yoghurt, would sometimes have something like beans on toast if I was feeling quite hungry. I would try and take sandwich's and plenty of fruit with me to work. Our break could vary anytime between 1am - 4am though depending what the shift was like you might be able to pick at something to eat when you weren't on your break. I'd have a piece of fruit when I got home at 8am then go straight to bed.
    I have heard of people saying they get up for lunch when they're on nights but to me I wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to have a meal so I don't need it when I am sleeping in the day either.
    I do find the day I come off nights I eat a lot as I've eaten during the night, come home had a couple of hours sleep, then had breakfast at lunchtime then an meal in the evening so the calories add up at that day. I also find when I do nights my exercise is limited because I just want to get home and go straight to bed!!