How can I up my calorie intake?

Options
I have only been consuming about 800-900 cals a day but was told I should take in about 1000-1200 (MFP gives me a goal of 1330) but I don't want to eat loads of carbs, shall I just eat more fruit, veg etc?! I'm new to this whole calorie counting thing :(

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I would eat some more healthy snacks, im dreadful with my snacking though, so now introducing more snacks into my diet :)
  • imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a pretty good option to boost your calories but still be healthy, and they don't have a great deal of carbs in them.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    oilve oil on your slad or veggies, peanut butter , almonds... Never it less than 1200 !

Also if you make your diary public we could see what your eating and make more suggestions

good luck on your journey
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Nuts are a pretty good option to boost your calories but still be healthy, and they don't have a great deal of carbs in them.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    I eat raw almonds!! Extra calories and protein!! :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 65 lb., you should just eat some of the things you liked to eat before you started losing weight. I think it's important to avoid deprivation, and 800-900 calories is not nearly enough. If you're really struggling to eat 1100-1300 calories, you could probably ask your Dr. for a referral to a nutritionist to help you. Assuming you want to lose weight in a healthy way, and not just lose at all costs as fast as possible.

Your diary's not open, but 3 servings of fat-free or low-fat dairy could easily add about 300 calories to your day if you're not already getting that, to bring you from 900 to 1200, with good nutritional benefits too.
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm terrible for snacks, I don't snack now, I think because before starting working out etc I would binge so I'm worried I'll do that again :( I don't like nuts (they make me cough for hours!) I love peanut butter though
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 65 lb., you should just eat some of the things you liked to eat before you started losing weight. I think it's important to avoid deprivation, and 800-900 calories is not nearly enough. If you're really struggling to eat 1100-1300 calories, you could probably ask your Dr. for a referral to a nutritionist to help you. Assuming you want to lose weight in a healthy way, and not just lose at all costs as fast as possible.

Your diary's not open, but 3 servings of fat-free or low-fat dairy could easily add about 300 calories to your day if you're not already getting that, to bring you from 900 to 1200, with good nutritional benefits too.

see I REALLY do not want to eat things I did before. I ate terribly and that would just feel like a huge step back.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My other suggestion was to add more dairy.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Do you drink coffee? If so, add a scoop of Muscle Milk Vanilla Protein Powder into your coffee. Adds calories and protein - and it's pretty darn yummy!
  • imogenboo
    Options
    How about some dried fruits?
  • imogenboo
    Options
    How about some dried fruits?