for running ladies with...ladies

Options
mirgss
mirgss Posts: 275 Member
I was wondering if anyone out there who happens to be well-endowed uses Victoria's Secret sports bras. I've gone to our local sporting goods store and gotten nice ones, which are great but expensive, and I've bought a couple from Old Navy, which are cheap but don't really give me any support. I have a VS gift card and am in dire need of some sports bras. What do y'all think?

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about VS ones as we don't have it over here in the UK – but I'd say every time I've gone for a cheap one, I've regretted it! Don't do it unless they're really good :o)
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I was never well-endowed and sadly even less so after my weight loss....so after a baby, breastfeeding and weight loss...the girls need all the help they can get. I have several VS sports bras which I LOVE! I have bought the cheapies too and end up doubling them up to get the support. I would suggest trying one on for the best fit...I have one with and one without underwire and while both are nice the fit is different.
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to totally start making a GOOD sports bra for those of us well endowed! I feel like I have tried most and a friend of mine (who is bigger than me) has bought all of the expensive ones and they still aren't very good and holding her in!

I found one that I liked that did okay at holding me in, but it's the racerback style and my neck and shoulders get strained then from the weight! I've heard of some ladies doubling up on the sports bras and that sometimes helps, but I didn't find it to help. I end up wearing one of my regular bras. I bought four of the ones I like and two are for normal wear and the other two are for working out as I'm constantly washing them after exercise....they will wear out quicker from washing so much, but it's the only comfortable thing I can wear to exercise and job in!

My next step is I'm just gonna ace bangage those babies up and hit the pavement! LOL
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :smile: Best sports bra ever.... ENELL I am WELL WELL endowed and I use it to run in and I would HIGHLY recommend it...they are pricey, but if you are in need of great support....invest in it...
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I find it funny how they only seem to make sports bras for girls with NO DAMN BOOBS! What about people who actually need support? No point making them for flat-chested women is there? It's not like their nipples are going to fly up and knock them out is it?!
  • ajdx5
    ajdx5 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm nursing my last baby & I just wear 2 Champion bras from Target .
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ahahahahaha I'm with you on that one! It's so frustrating! Maybe after work I'll go try a couple on and jump up and down in the fitting room...or take a jog around the store ;)
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    I am a D/DD and I love the lululemon TaTa tamer it does not make you uniboob and honestly it is the first sports I have had where I don't think about my ladies hitting my me or they are in pain and I do not get that shoulder pain from them like I have in some sports bras I think they only go up to a D though so not sure about your cup size they are prices like 60 dollars but they rock and last I wash mine everyday well we will say 6 days a week and its at least 4 or 5 months old now and still looks brand new no snags or anything and it is still as supportive as the day I got it
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    for big boobies, id consider getting a Freya sports bra, or an Enell.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I always wear two sports bras.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Freya underwired sports bras. Amazing. I could run in one when I was an H cup. They are the only one that really does the job.
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I run into this problem too :( I just use a champion and then double up with some other generic sports bra. The doubling up thing has been the key for me. It keeps it tighter and less bouncy, ultimately leading to more comfort :)))