help me get going please, please, please!

Options
hi all, i've been a serial dieter all my life but more recently my weight has gone back and forth due to the 3 kids i've had. my youngest is now 2 and i haven't really got rid of the baby weight. i lost a bit last year, but it crept back on over the winter. i now have a whole load of summer clothes that don't fit! i just can't get myself motivated to really lose weight (hopefully for the last time!) so can anyone out there inspire me to try harder? it just seems too difficult when there's always kids treats and sweets about and finding time to exercise is very difficult. help me!!

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have discovered "eating clean" I avoid processed foods as much as possible. I also avoid foods that convert to sugar such as potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas. I workout 4-5 days a week. I am not a morning person but I have just completed my 7th week of getting up at 4:30am to get to workout class by 5:30. I have a lot of weight to lose and have tried everything under the sun. I remembered that old saying of the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. This time I am doing things completely different and so far have lost 15.5 pounds and have never felt better. I also plan a cheat meal once a week and it is anything goes in that one sitting. It makes it easier to pass up things knowing that if you really want it you can have it later. Hang in there take it one day at a time. Eat well, snack well, you will make it - just wait and see :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The truth is you need to get off the diet and make it a life style and until you really really do it you are going to fail. IF you have children you will be teaching them good habits so they never have to say the word diet ever!
    Log on everyday and be honest. You will be over in the beginning because you have to educate yourself. Log foods in before you eat them so you can make changes you need to. Create Recipes and stick to serving sizes. Read every box and lable you can. Eat as close to Whole and Fresh as you can. Whole grain pasta, rice and breads. Vegetables, Fruit, Non-processed meats and Fish. Low sodium or no sodium Frozen and canned Vegetables. No frozen or processed foods at any time. Stay away or limit sauces and gravy's, Condiments (Ket, must, mayo. barb. sauces) pickles and dressings too. You can do it. I have been on for almost a year, have lost all the weight I wanted am trying to maintain. Oh and did it without getting off my butt. So if you exercise you will do even better.