These Men!!!

Options
A little success in able to develop few good habits in my BF as well. He is not fat/unhealthy. Pretty active he is!
I made him to teach me push-ups in mornings. Am getting better and he gets the kick to workout himself. I get company too.
For snacking, I sit with fruits after office, and slide away that chips packet from his hand and tell him to taste the apple(OMG! This tastes so sweet! See!) Eventually, he likes the fruit salad with yogurt-fruit sauce and digs his face into it. :P
Being a south Indian, he pours, literally, pours oil in dishes. I got a beautiful cooking spray bottle. He loved it!
Morning, I make fruit smoothies with soy milk, which he doesn't drink alone. Good way to put fruits n soy in his belly.
I also replaced white bread with brown bread, though, didn't have to trick him for it. :P
Now, I pack, green salad with Lunch (we Indians have HEAVY lunch)to office with his favorite sauces. He takes one bite and is tempted to complete the decorated salad.
In evenings, I offer him to come with me for a walk n get his SLR for capturing images in the golden hour. Dunno, how will I manage it, as days are getting shorter, now here in Holland.
I love playing a little trick and getting him to stick to healthier food n lifestyle.
I agree, Mostly, Men are babies!!!

Psst!!! Don't tell him about the tricks!

Small steps, but am on track. :glasses:

Do suggest more healthy switches I can make.

Thanks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A little success in able to develop few good habits in my BF as well. He is not fat/unhealthy. Pretty active he is!
    I made him to teach me push-ups in mornings. Am getting better and he gets the kick to workout himself. I get company too.
    For snacking, I sit with fruits after office, and slide away that chips packet from his hand and tell him to taste the apple(OMG! This tastes so sweet! See!) Eventually, he likes the fruit salad with yogurt-fruit sauce and digs his face into it. :P
    Being a south Indian, he pours, literally, pours oil in dishes. I got a beautiful cooking spray bottle. He loved it!
    Morning, I make fruit smoothies with soy milk, which he doesn't drink alone. Good way to put fruits n soy in his belly.
    I also replaced white bread with brown bread, though, didn't have to trick him for it. :P
    Now, I pack, green salad with Lunch (we Indians have HEAVY lunch)to office with his favorite sauces. He takes one bite and is tempted to complete the decorated salad.
    In evenings, I offer him to come with me for a walk n get his SLR for capturing images in the golden hour. Dunno, how will I manage it, as days are getting shorter, now here in Holland.
    I love playing a little trick and getting him to stick to healthier food n lifestyle.
    I agree, Mostly, Men are babies!!!

Psst!!! Don't tell him about the tricks!

Small steps, but am on track. :glasses:

Do suggest more healthy switches I can make.

Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY YOU for getting your man motivated! Hooray! I love the photo and sunset walk. How funny!

I have done the same types of "tricks" to get my family motivated and healthy along with me. For the most part they haven't noticed. :laugh: I disguise workouts to look like playing. We are biking, going canoeing, kayaking, swimming, going for walks, or jogging.

For food I tend to add a veggie or fruit to anything I cook. Have you ever made zucchini bread or banana bread? I make tiny chops to veggies in question so my family can't pick them out and usually don't even bother. :tongue:

It isn't easy to drag others with you...Good job girlie!