wii Zumba?

Options
Mkmassey3
Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
Does anyone have an opinion about the wii Zumba? Is it anything like the real thing? Worth the money or should I just splurge and buy the multi disc dvd's? I went to a class while in AZ and really enjoyed it and would like to find a class locally to fit my busy Spring schedule, but so far I haven't found one. So I would like to have something here at the house, but am worried about the wii one. Opinion's and suggestion's would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and have a great weekend! :smile:

Replies

• LadyJ1015
    LadyJ1015 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have it and I love it. There are classes locally but cannot always attend with my husband's work schedule so it is nice to have it at home.
  • lisazar
    lisazar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used www.zumba.com to find a local class. There were lots of options and a friend and I tried a few and finally settled on a location we like. I now incorporate it into my other workouts like walking and the eliptical trainer. It is fun and I burn as much if not more as I do on the eliptical. Good luck! :)
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I have it - I love it - I am completely addicted!

I havent been to a class though, so i can not compare it sorry - but I would say it was and is - worth every penny!
  • Mkmassey3
    Options
    I guess my next question is, do you have to stand on the balance board to do it? I would think no, too restricted to one spot, but I'm just trying to decide if maybe I should go rent it and try it before I buy it...thanks for your responses!
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :smile: I Just bought it the other day and absolutely love it ! Kmart has it on sale this week for $29 for Wii but i bought it at target since they honored prices, same with walmart.. Its great & very addicting ! You dont need a board or anything to do it, and it comes with the zumba belt to stick the controller into the side because you get points off of your correct hip movements !! Makes you sweat just starting the 3 minute warm up ! If $29 is too expensive i think amazon has it for even cheaper !
  • Mkmassey3
    Options
    :smile: I Just bought it the other day and absolutely love it ! Kmart has it on sale this week for $29 for Wii but i bought it at target since they honored prices, same with walmart.. Its great & very addicting ! You dont need a board or anything to do it, and it comes with the zumba belt to stick the controller into the side because you get points off of your correct hip movements !! Makes you sweat just starting the 3 minute warm up ! If $29 is too expensive i think amazon has it for even cheaper !

I'm running out to Kmart right now! Their website says they are out of stock, but I will grab one of their adds and take it somewhere else if I have to! $29.00 is as cheap as I found it too. Being that I am not patient enough to wait to get it in the mail, I think I will hit the store :laugh: Thanks for the info! I greatly appreciate it! Zumba on my mfp friends!! :laugh:
  • Mkmassey3
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I ran out to Kmart to get it and they were out but gave me a rain check. I then took the add to Walmart they had two and they price matched. So I have it and I'm looking forward to putting it in later on tonight when everyone is in bed and the house is quiet :wink: I will have to give a review later.....what do you log it under?????
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I ran out to Kmart to get it and they were out but gave me a rain check. I then took the add to Walmart they had two and they price matched. So I have it and I'm looking forward to putting it in later on tonight when everyone is in bed and the house is quiet :wink: I will have to give a review later.....what do you log it under?????

:laugh: hahha im glad you went out and got it !! Youll love it ! I was trying to figure out what to log it under as well, they say that you can burn up to 500-900 calories in one zumba class, but i figured its not as hardcore as the class itself.. i tried to do a rough estimate as best i could without a heartrate monitor..i guessed that i would burn 50 calories for every 10 minutes and i always do an hour a day which is 300 calories, not to crazy so i dont go over my calorie limit for the day, but not to low either.. I was reading other posts about how other mfp members are tracking it, they do it under Dancing, Aerobic.. That might be a better guess because it takes your weight into account too.. !! Hope I Could Help !! :happy:
  • jazzyface
    jazzyface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the xbox trial for Zumba Kinect and I LOVE Zumba!!It's so much fun and i broke a serious sweat! (from a demo!) This is my first time trying it, but im gonna beg my husband to buy if for me. haha.

Anyone wanna start a Zumba Game Team so we can challenge one another?? I have a goal i HAVE to meet and i need accountability.
  • meechellebelle
    Options
    I'm glad you decided to get it- we have zumba classes at the local gyms here, but most of them are only 1-2 times a week, and always at inconvenient times for me. I would suggest doing the Zumba Party once you start the game...you have to get the moves right and build up enough points to move on to the harder levels..and even the easy levels will have you sweating like craxy! I LOVE my Zumba for the wii! Hope you love it just as much!
  • lorireinert
    lorireinert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done live classes, the DVD's and own Zumba for Wii. Live classes are the best. I would put Zumba for Wii just slightly ahead of the DVD's. Some of the DVDs are a bit dated, but still a very good workout. The game for Wii allows you to pick your intensity level and switch up routines as well as track your output, which gives it the edge. You get out of Zumba what you put into it, no matter which route you go. If you are going for the DVD's, i would recommend a package deal that includes the toning sticks and multiple DVD's to shake up your routine. Good luck. I've been working out with Zumba for about a year and am still not tired of it. Also note, with Zumba for Wii you can have up to 4 players, so you can invite friends over for a workout (they just need to bring a controller - and belt if possible). ZUMBA!
  • Mkmassey3
    Options
    I just downloaded the xbox trial for Zumba Kinect and I LOVE Zumba!!It's so much fun and i broke a serious sweat! (from a demo!) This is my first time trying it, but im gonna beg my husband to buy if for me. haha.

Anyone wanna start a Zumba Game Team so we can challenge one another?? I have a goal i HAVE to meet and i need accountability.

I think that would be a blast to have a challenge....interested in heading that up?? I would join in a heart beat. I could use the friendly competition :wink: I popped the game in to see what it looks like while at my parents for Mother's Day and I think it will be a great workout! Let me know about the challenge!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't have it yet but I plan on getting it very soon so will definitely post a review once I have it.