MFP Runners Club - 8/25

Options
Good Morning Running Friends!!

I have missed you all sooo much while my pathetic job has kept me from you!

I have wonderful news! I finished my first 10 mile race in my personal best time - 1:29:14!!

There were 4500 runners and I placed 1667. I finished 99 out of 315 in my age group. I love stupid stats! Means absoultely nothing but just fun numbers to know.

thank you all for being here each day for the most amazing support! I still find it amazing that people I have never met can have such an incredibly positive affect on my life!

xxooxxoo
Tricia

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

I have wonderful news! I finished my first 10 mile race in my personal best time - 1:29:14!!

There were 4500 runners and I placed 1667. I finished 99 out of 315 in my age group. I love stupid stats! Means absoultely nothing but just fun numbers to know.

thank you all for being here each day for the most amazing support! I still find it amazing that people I have never met can have such an incredibly positive affect on my life!

xxooxxoo
    Tricia
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    WTG, Tricia! That is an awesome time and you should be super proud of yourself!!!

Keep rocking it, girl! :bigsmile:

Rest day for me...I'll probably go for a bike ride, though...

Enjoy your day!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's Pretty Darn Good Tricia! Congratz!

Yay me, I finally get to run again. I did my thing, listened to the doctor, and took a whole week off running. My foot feels fine and I'm gonna start slow, going to try a 24 minute 5K today at lunch. I have baseball tonight, so I don't want to push it. that's a minute off my normal 5K pace for regular running. Lets hope my body hasn't forgotten how to run!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Tricia~

You are soooo amazing!!! Great going, girlie!!! :drinker:

Good luck w/your run, Banks!

Prolly another bike ride for me too, Hessie. Although, still a little saddle sore from Saturday's ride. :embarassed:

Happy Running, All! :smooched:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Anybody doing the Nike Human Race Next weekend?
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Rest day for me. If it doesn't rain, I'll be doing some exterior painting today.:yawn:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Anybody doing the Nike Human Race Next weekend?

Nope.

Congratulations on your race Tricia! Great time! You are amazing!

-Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wow Tricia, that is a great time. Congrats.

No running today. We did run a lap at the park for bootcamp but they changed things up a little and we did an impromtu yoga session.

To everyone who is running, have a great run and to those that are resting, enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Great run Tricia!

I ran an easy 3 this morning. It's a BUSY week so I have to squeeze in my runs and workouts when I can!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tricia - way to go!! Nope not doing the Nike race... sorry. :0(

Today is Spin class... yeah!! Should be another good one! Take it easy folks!

--:happy:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    That's great congrats!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I got in a 50 min run today. I think my body is still recovering from the Hotter n Hell bike race that we have in Texas!!! 100 miles of crazy hills and hot Texas weather!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

xxooxxoo
    Tricia

That is so awsome. Way to go. That is an awsome time to. I can only hope to one day come on here with something like that to report. You are an inspiration. Congradulations!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    SM
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    And good morning all you BEAUTIFUL RUNNERS!!!:wink:

I sure missed everone this weekend. Mom is doing great by the way. It was good to go see her and know how she was doing for sure.:happy:

I haven't been doing much running lately with my work in the way, but I got up and forced a 3.37 mile run this morning. Good news is while it wasn't very far, I am getting a little faster. I did it in 40 minutes and that made it 11:52 minutes per mile. :bigsmile: Not to shabby for me with my usual 12 minute miles.
    I was a little bummed because I thought I ran my 4 mile run in 40 minutes then when I checked my route after, it was only the 3.37 route. Oh well, can't complian to much I guess. My own fault for not checking first.

I get to run on the street again Thursday morning and I guess I will hit the treadmill tomorrow evening.
    All of you have a fabulous day!:flowerforyou:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tricia: That was an amazing time. Way to go!! I wanted to do the Nike race, but I have a wedding that evening, so prep time is in order instead.

No run for me this morning, though it is a glorious day to run, cool and breezy! Did a core syn workout that burned a resectable 357 cals.

Carol
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Have to add my Wow to Tricia! Congrats! Today is a rest day for me. Then three more workouts until the Labor Day 5K . I will be walking it but am still very excited! Have a great day :smile:
    Bunny
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    TGIM (neah :bigsmile: )
    Congrats Tricia!
    I love stats too!
    Great times!

Rest day for me too. Had a lower back tention/pain all day yesterday. I am happy to believe that it is phycological, but I've been pretty relaxed all weeek, so is it because of the run? Anyone else gets those?
    BBL
    Love,
    Jenny
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! I am back from a 19 mile bike ride, such a gorgeous morning! My kiddos went back to school today so I decided to take advantage of the weather!

Planning on a run tomorrow!

Great race, Tricia! WTG to everyone else!

Jess
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    TGIM (neah :bigsmile: )
    Congrats Tricia!
    I love stats too!
    Great times!

Rest day for me too. Had a lower back tention/pain all day yesterday. I am happy to believe that it is phycological, but I've been pretty relaxed all weeek, so is it because of the run? Anyone else gets those?
    BBL
    Love,
    Jenny

I have had back pain after running. I sincerely believe it is because I didn't stretch properly after. So I make sure to stretch really well, especially the IT bands and hip flexors