MMMM......I love protein!!!! Is there such a thing as to muc

Options
traceracer
traceracer Posts: 303 Member
I always seem to go over my protein limit!! I eat mostly lean proteins such as fish, chicken breasts, and seafood and it helps me stay full longer. Even if I stay under my calorie goals, my protein is always to much! Is this bad?? And if so, why?

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I don't worry about my fiber or protein at all. If I go over, I'm glad. I strive to go over, even. lol
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    not bad at all.
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Its not bad for you. Just drink plenty of water so that you can help your kidneys flush out the toxins. Going overboard on protein for a while can harm your kidneys if you dont drink.
  • Elizabeth52
    Options
    I have the same question you do! i eat a mostly vegetable/fruit/protein diet. Protein is mostly fish, chicken, some eggs, some milk/yogurt/kefir, sometimes protein powder. Sort of low on all the white stuff, but I'm also low on good things like whole wheat bread, brown rice. I do take a Vit B complex every day.
  • mrsbergie
    mrsbergie Posts: 7
    Options
    My nutritionist recommeds 90-100 grams of protein a day. It is way more than what MFP recommends. So I say go for it.
  • thehulket
    thehulket Posts: 33
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/about_4741143_effects-much-protein-diet.html

Yeah, as long as you're eating carbs and drinking lots of water, you should be fine.
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, my doctor put me on a diet called The Zone, which calls for lots more lean protein than MFP defaults to. So I say, go for it. Lean protein takes longer to digest than carbs, so it's good for keeping your full longer (as you mentioned).
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go waay over, you know like the fAtkins diet, you'll be fine. over amping protiens to that extent will kill your nrg and your kidneys.