Exercise question

Options
jazzminx
jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
I typically try to do 45 minutes on Zumba Wii and 20 minutes doing 30 Day Shred. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be better to do them one after the other or do one and then do the other later in the day. Does it even make a difference? Thanks!

Replies

• Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I would do them one right after the other since your body will already be warmed up from the first workout:smile:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    yeah I'd go ahead and do them together.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    There are pro's and con's to each... You could do them together and get them done. Nice burn... OR...

By doing it seperate, the second workout will re-ignite/maintain your metabolism.

I remember reading how Cardio will boost your metabolism for 19 hours (can't remember sources). Essentially, If I work out for an hour... I have a nice burn, and my metabolism is boosted for the next 19 hours.

But If I work out for 30 minutes and my metabolism is boosted for 19 hours... 8 hours later, I can reignite my metabolism with another 30 minute cardio workout...my metabolism is boosted for 19 hours after my second workout. It means my metabolism is now boosted for a total of 27 hours from my initial workout right? Does that make sense?

Just my two cents... it's part of the logic behing why intervals are more effective cardio than just regular working out.