birth control advice...ladies please

Options
ashleyh3156
ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
I am wondering about the nuva ring. I have used it before, but have not used it while I was actively trying to lose weight. I am wondering if anyone has had trouble with it during the journey of weight loss etc. I am going back to it pretty soon and would like to be aware of what to expect when I use it again. The first time I didn't gain weight rapidly but I slowly put on pounds, I was also in a nursing program full time so that may have been the culprit too. I am now trying to exercise 5x per week cardio and eating usually 1400-1800 depending on how many cals I burned from exercise. Any input would be nice. Thank you!

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I love the nuva ring. I use it continuously for 3 months (new one every 3 weeks
    ) to help with my periods. I am losing weight just fine now that i started MFP. have been on it for 4 years. good luck!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the nuva ring and have not had any issues with weight gain at all. I have had some other annoying side effects such as cramping, headaches, and moodiness. Im actually going to transition back to the pill but really wish the ring worked for me because it is awesome not having to worry about it everyday!!