No wonder you arent losing anything

Options
2»

Replies

• WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I feel like if my own family can't support me which hope do i have!
    [/quote]

First things first: Inspiration comes from others, but motivation comes from within. "Don't be dependent on others to meet your needs. They'll let you down every time. And that's because meeting your needs is not their job - that's yours." ~ Robert Mack

You have made great progress in spite of your support system (or lack thereof). That proves you can do this for you. At the end of the day, that is who you have to do it for. Yes, there will be those who are unsupportive, relationships will change and people will tell you that you'll never succeed or suddenly develop "concerns" about your progress that they didn't have before. You see, this journey isn't about just losing weight. It is about learning to treat ourselves well, in spite of other's approval or disapproval.

I'll leave you with this: You are beautiful, you are strong and you are determined.

"Not everyone will agree with how you change your eating strategy. Some friends, family co-workers and even neighbors will suddenly develop "concerns" they insist you should have. What I find interesting is that MOST people who bring up these concerns never batted even an eye lash when you were eating wheat, corn, soy, GUZZLING soda, MSG, hot dogs, chips, veggie oil which caused you to get allergies, headaches, IBS, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, etc... which may have led to you taking meds and/or become unhealthy and FAT. BUT, as soon as you start to make a move, BAM, they suddenly have "concerns" to remind you of." ~ FitRichWoman
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Blimey - that is some powerful, deep and meaningful wise words there - certainly given me alot to think about!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    all too familiar a situation... idk what to say... it's one of those things we just have to buckle up & tell em to shut the F7897987 up if need be. times like these teach us to grow a set & worry about creating ourselves!! Stop worrying what others think, say, or do... even those we love... when they see you pushing harder & harder... maybe it will inspire them...
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that hun. My mom sounds like your dad so much so i posted a rant about her the other day.
    People forget if you are eating healthy and exercising you are allowed a pot noodle once in a while.
    I swear i think when they see you eating healthy say nothing then when they see you eating something maybe not so healthy BAM they have something to say. Do not worry look at how much you have lost(WELL DONE BY THE WAY)
    It is working for you. Keep going and do not let anyone stop you.x
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You have us! Don't skip eating, just eat healthy! I am a stubborn girl who will loose the weight just to shove it in someones face!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You have us! Don't skip eating, just eat healthy! I am a stubborn girl who will loose the weight just to shove it in someones face! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Men, especially overweight men, generally have a pretty skewed idea of what the female body should look like. Ignore him. Though you did right to say no to the fish and chips.

My dad, who is really quite sensible in other ways, is so guilty of this. I've seen him refer to lovely, perfectly healthy women well within the correct weight range for their age and height as "that chubby girl." In his mind healthy means perfectly flat tummy with a sharply defined six-pack.

The thing about asking if you want fish and chips right after putting down your eating habits - my mom (who is not so sensible) does the same thing. It's like they don't realize the contradiction in what they're saying?
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Firstly... Throw any more pot noodles you have in the bin, they are the devil's food. One pot is 14% of your daily saturated fats and 25% of your sodium, and if you think about it really, they taste like cardboard!!!

Screw what your family says in terms of the negativity, ask them instead what they think about you losing 3 stones and that achievement!!!

Carry on with what you are doing, but cut out the pot noodles, with exercise and what you are doing you'll get to where you want to get.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, i really appreciate the effort and advise given to me.

And i will resist the urge to ever eat a pot noodle again!