Fish

Options
Hi there. I have frozen tilapia, mahi mahi, and salmon in my freezer (where else would it be...LOL). What kind of easy recipies do you have for these items? Prefer things easy since my husband won't go near them and we only have kids with 4 paws. :smile:

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    do you have the mahi mahi frozen patties? If so, I would just toss those into buns and make fish burgers.

Salmon - cut up and tossed into a salad.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    salmon tastes really good grilled with some asparagus!
  • EwenDodds
    EwenDodds Posts: 1
    Options
    My favoured ways of eating salmon are:

- Salmon on wholemeal toasted, drizzled in lemon juice
    - Salmon & scrambled egg bagel
    - Salmon carbonara

All easy.
  • Jerri68
    Jerri68 Posts: 14
    Options
    I broil mine - only takes a few minutes!
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I broil the salmon adding nothing till a couple of minutes before its done then brush on BBQ sauce about 1/2 tsp each steak or fillet yummy with salad and/or asparagus. Tilapia I pan fry in Pam first dipping the fish in an egg wash with 1 egg, salt, lemon pepper and sometimes a touch of saffron its really delish.:happy:
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I broil the salmon adding nothing till a couple of minutes before its done then brush on BBQ sauce about 1/2 tsp each steak or fillet yummy with salad and/or asparagus. Tilapia I pan fry in Pam first dipping the fish in an egg wash with 1 egg, salt, lemon pepper and sometimes a touch of saffron its really delish.:happy:

And I forgot the Mahi Mahi I usually do the same thing as the Tilapia and it really makes a great fish taco with low carb tortillas or flatout bread.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ziplock steamer bags!!!! Just add the fish (frozen) with whatever seasonings you like.. lemon pepper, dill, fresh lemon or lime, etc - even add some veggies. Pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes until the fish is cooked through (the bag gives you a time for frozen items i believe). They come out perfect and so moist!
  • staceydewey
    staceydewey Posts: 18
    Options
    I put my frozen fish fillets in a glass pan sprayed with veg. spray and I squeeze lemon over the fish and bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until flaky - I enjoy it with a baby spinach salad w/lemon and light virgin olive oil - I love it!

When I have salmon - I save a piece for lunch the next day and I dice about 1/2 of a cucumber and green onion - white and green part - and mix it with 1 cup of strained greek yogurt - and that is delicious with some mixed greens in a pita or on a sandwich or just by itself and some crackers.

Enjoy!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Saving for later, I need fish ideas too
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Do you have a rice steamer? I usually add spices and cook my fish in a steamer. Quick and easy.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just recently made a Cajun Tilapia that was delish!
    Coated a frying pan with Pam non stick butter spray
    took the thawed tilapia and sprinkled them with cajun seasoning (weber brand)
    put them in the pan and slowly fried them till they were cooked, about 10 minutes.

It was to spicy for me so I took some Phillidelphia Light Cream Cheese with Chive & Onion, melted it in the microwave and drizzled it over the top of the fish.

Served it on a bed of pan grilled Zuchinni, Roma Tomatoes and carmalized onions.

Best Fish EVER!

Grand total it took about 20-25 minutes to prep and cook, including dicing all the veggies. I get a strange satisfaction from chopping vegetables.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I like my fish pretty plain.
    I'll throw a little butter on them (o cal spray if needed), a bit of lemon, and some bay's seasoning.
    Pan fry em like that.

I think it goes great with wild rice. Or brown rice.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Broil or panfry the fish with some garlic or lemon (whatever your tooth is, I hate lemon but put garlic in everything) and some cheese on top, serve over greens... it's really good. Yum.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I cook most of my meats the same way, but to me they are all really deliscious. I use Kikoman garlic and green onion terriyaki. It is more of a glaze than a liquid like normal terriyaki. Than I add some garlic salt and tony chachere cajun seasoning.