2 pounds lost but no inches?

Options
How is that I lost 2 pounds but my measurements stayed the same? In past weeks, I have only lost one pound and lost an inch on both my waist and hips? Where did this weight disappear from?

Replies

• Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost a little fat and gained a little musce and it's a "wash" between the two?

Maybe one measurement was off just a bit?

Do your clothes fit differently?

Focus on th e big picture.. 2 lbs.. yay! Keep doing what you're doing.. it always catches up!

:flowerforyou:
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1-2lbs isn't a significant weight loss in terms of inches and measurements - noticeable measurements, anyway. You could have lost 1/8" or something like. Your sodium intake (water retention) could affect your displayed results, too.

A loss is a loss. Celebrate your mini victory.

Good luck on your journey!
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Maybe from your bowel and bladder? :-)
    I mean, if you drink 2 cups of water, you gain a pound.

I am heavier than you are, but 1 pounds is a fairly small amount, and with some scales, they aren' t that accurate.

And weightloss is not tid for tad, I don't believe that inches and pounds are necessarily that connected.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost a little fat and gained a little musce and it's a "wash" between the two?

Maybe one measurement was off just a bit?

Do your clothes fit differently?

Focus on th e big picture.. 2 lbs.. yay! Keep doing what you're doing.. it always catches up!

:flowerforyou:

You don't gain any noticeable about of muscle when you're eating at a calorie deficit.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You could have lost it from places you don't measure, i.e. your face, your fingers, your toes, the smaller part of your thigh instead of the biggest part, your wrist, etc.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, they all make sense to me know. I was having a hard time believing the loss, but I feel better :D Thanks again!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am eating at a calorie deficit and have noticeable muscle gain. I focus on protein, "healthy" fats and carbs. I exercise 4 or 6 times a week.. lifting 4 or more times per week.

I was speaking from personal experience. We are each different.