Turbo Fire

Options
nehtaeh
nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
So, I just bought this...should get it within a week. I'm pretty excited and hope it'll keep me motivated to keep up with it. For those that have done it - anything I should know? Any equipment I need to have on hand before it gets here?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    If you got the one that comes with bands, then all you'll need is some space, water (!!!), and a towel if you need cushion for some of the ab/strength dvds. Feel free to add me, I'm finishing up week 9 :)
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I *think* it comes with bands. I already have a mat from doing the shred - all hardwood floors make it a must.

I'm all for friends who are in this...off to add :smile:
  • traceyann1214
    traceyann1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do TurboJam but haven't tried TurboFire. Is the fire just a harder version?
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    My TF only came with a wide green band (this goes round your feet when doing some of the Tone 30 exercises) - I had to buy a separate set of resistance bands/tubes to do the rest of the exercises. Those tricep-planky things are a killer. Highly recommend it though., it rocks!

I started before Easter, then I just let it all go last week and haven't found my motivation yet this week. I am telling myself stupid excuses so I have been doing extra cycling instead. D'oh. :angry:

I am determined to start over next week and I will be doing the TF/ChaLean Extreme hybrid.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I don't know about the Turbo Jam. I looked at that one too, but this one looked like fun. I assume it's harder, but really have no idea.

My thing said the bands, and some other stuff would come free, but not really sure. I didn't buy the extra stuff so I might not get them. That's ok. I can go buy some if I need to.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do it. But not on the official schedule. I just do whichever DVD I feel like, and mix it up with running. Once you get the routines down (it takes a few times, do NOT get discouraged) it really is fun. I am totally addicted to the "Fire 30" DVD. I sweat like crazy, even more than I did with Insanity.

Feel free to add me!

Jennifer
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Haha - I expect to look like a fool at first, but that's ok. Only my kids will see me really.

I have a HRM but any ideas about how much the calorie burn is? I know its different for each person and for how much effort you put into it, just curious what to expect.
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started this week with the Turbo Fire/ Chalean Extreme hybrid. Turbo FIre is like Turbo Jam on steroids. Way more intense but also more fun. I burned about 700 calories in an hour. And it does take a few times to get used to the moves and pace.
    Enjoy
    Stacie
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    When I first started doing Chalene's video's I would use a mirror to watch myself do the choreography/forms...helped ALOT!!
  • carriecolleen
    Options
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I don't think I have a mirror available to help me but maybe I can figure it out. If not, I'll find a mirror :smile:

Thanks for the link - friends are good!