Water v Squash

Options
Hi everyone,

I know that we are supposed to drink lots of water (8 glasses per day?) but I don't like water!!

Would low calorie diluted squash have the same effect - as it is mostly water?

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks

Luv Kat

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that would be fine.
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I drink water at work but at home usually swap to diluted squash as I like the sweetness, doesn't seem to have done me any harm..lol
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    just drink water.

Not everyone likes it, but you'll get used to it.
  • emzi1981
    emzi1981 Posts: 20
    Options
    you should be fine as most diluted squash are low in cals neway, n whose to say you need to use a lot of squash?, i put in just enough so theres a bit of flavour or i replace it with a sqeeze of fresh lemon or orange - not to everyones taste but its quite refreshing this time of year x
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    whilst water is better, no added sugar diluted squash will work fine, just remember to account the calories from the squash into your diary
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    as long as you log it and count the cals it should be fine. Better than not drinking enough i think. :smile: fyi half the people on here probably know what squash is lol
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    sqash all the way!! ive lost 33lbs so dosent make much difference really !:smile:
  • posiegirl
    posiegirl Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds better than the gloppy glass of spaghetti squash innards that I was picturing!

Squash (Drink)
    © Copyright 2011. Do not copy. All rights reserved and enforced.

Squash (Drink)
    © Denzil Green
    Squash, in the UK, is a drink concentrate to which you add water to make the drink.
    It comes in many fruit flavours.

The percentage of actual juice in the concentrate will vary by brand.

Also called:
    Fruchtsaftkonzentrat (German); Spremuta (Italian)

(Copyright 2011 CooksInfo.com. All rights reserved and enforced.) Read more of this snippet here : http://www.cooksinfo.com/squash-drink#ixzz1LbEymqHK
  • Etdubs
    Etdubs Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah, I would really make an effort to drink water. It is so good for you! And it's amazing for making you feel full. For people who don't like water, some people have recommended drinking Crystal Light or some other drink powder at first so that it tastes like something. Or you could try putting lemon or lime in it so it has some flavor? That would be healthier than artificial powders.

However, if I were you, at the very LEAST I'd make sure I got 8 cups (32 oz) in. I have a 32 oz Nalgene bottle - it might help to drink one of those so you can keep track of how much water you're drinking a day. It really does wonders for weight loss.
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free squash ..... I also hate the taste of water. But I started here almost 2 months ago and ive been making my squash weaker and weaker every week til its practically water, that way Im hioping i wont hate the taste so much :)
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    What exactly is squash???
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    read posiegirl"s post for exactly what squash is :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sounds better than the gloppy glass of spaghetti squash innards that I was picturing!

Squash (Drink)
    © Copyright 2011. Do not copy. All rights reserved and enforced.

Squash (Drink)
    © Denzil Green
    Squash, in the UK, is a drink concentrate to which you add water to make the drink.
    It comes in many fruit flavours.

The percentage of actual juice in the concentrate will vary by brand.

Also called:
    Fruchtsaftkonzentrat (German); Spremuta (Italian)

(Copyright 2011 CooksInfo.com. All rights reserved and enforced.) Read more of this snippet here : http://www.cooksinfo.com/squash-drink#ixzz1LbEymqHK

So it's like a liquid Kool-Aid kind of thing? LIke that new Mio stuff?

I'd just get yourself to drink plain water. I can't drink water from a glass, the glass makes it taste funny and I don't like it. I have to drink my water from a sports bottle. Mine holds 20oz and I can generally drink 100-120oz in a day, 5-6 bottles. I never feel like I have to drink an entire glass at once since the bottle it covered, I just sip from it all day long. Seeing my husband and me drink from our bottles all day long has even gotten our toddlers interested in drinking plain water. They no longer ask for only milk or juice, they'll ask for water in their sippy cups that have sport tops.

Plain water is best for your body since it has to work to filter water out of foods and has to filter any additives that are in other drinks. Plus, plain water has no calories so you'll have more for food!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would really make an effort to drink water. It is so good for you! And it's amazing for making you feel full. For people who don't like water, some people have recommended drinking Crystal Light or some other drink powder at first so that it tastes like something. Or you could try putting lemon or lime in it so it has some flavor? That would be healthier than artificial powders.

However, if I were you, at the very LEAST I'd make sure I got 8 cups (32 oz) in. I have a 32 oz Nalgene bottle - it might help to drink one of those so you can keep track of how much water you're drinking a day. It really does wonders for weight loss.

8 glasses of water is 64oz, not 32.