Can you feeel your body changing?

Options
When I was 195 and gave up on health and fitness, I remember I could feel my body getting fatter... Now that I am back on it and on my way down.. there are moments during the day I can feel the fat shedding... I get a small adrenaline rush in my core, especially after eating well all day with a slight hunger pang and several hours after a good work out...

Anyone else?

Replies

• rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    Definately! Sometimes I swear I feel my legs shrinking.
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    I don't know if this is what you mean, but I definitely feel more comfortable in my skin. I don't pull and my shirts and pants anymore, I can feel the thin layer of fat on my stomach thinning more and more. It's crazy.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I feel the same way.
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    Concentrate on how you do activities during the day. Simple things like getting out of a chair or climbing a staircase. As you feel yourself slightly jumping up the steps you will remember the day when the railing was used more for compensation than balance.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I feel tight/loose on some days, depending on what I ate the day before.
    I can feel a difference from day to day in how much fat my body has in my opinion.
  • tsummey
    tsummey Posts: 15
    Options
    for sure! wen i was puttin on the wgt i could feel my skin stretching, it hurt, its like i could feel the cellulite accumulating, and i noticed things like my knee hurting and when i knelt down, very quickly my legs would go numb. and now that its coming off not only do i feel more nimble and flexible again, i get the rushes too, i wake up some days and im like wow i feel smaller, i get on the scale even tho its not my weigh day, and sure enough 2lbs gone! its not much but i can feel its gone, i swore i would only get on the scale on sat morns and thats it, cuz i would get on it ten times a day everyday and get frusterated it wasnt moving. but wen i wake and feel smaller i gotta check!! and im glad i do it feels good. i used to sit in a seat and i could feel me like felt i was resting on myself, now i feel im resting on the chair lol... idk if that makes sense??
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I can always feel my core now. Sometimes I have to place my hands on my waist and give myself a little squeeze. Sitting here now my core muscles feel tight. I love it!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I do! I'm down 12.5 pounds and while I'm not into my skinny jeans, my clothes feel looser my pants don't leave big red marks on my tummy, or seam marks down my legs anymore. Woot!

On the flip side, I'm struggling with my decision not to deny myself "goodies." (I'll get to the point and it's relevant to this thread, I promise! Read my intro...I babble...) As this is a lifestyle change for me, not a temporary "diet", It's unrealistic for me to give up sweets entirely. I try to make the indulgences worth it - a Cadbury Creme Egg rather than just anything with chocolate content, for example - but I *do* feel it. The sugar rush, the "oof" feeling of having eaten something that I know isn't healthy. I think that second part is more a mental thing. And of course it shows up on the scale. Not necessarily as weight gain, but as non-weight-loss.

I want to be okay with this. As I said, this is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. And chocolate - well, it's yummy, and decadent, as it should be. :) Indulgences like that are good once in a while.

So...there was a point here, I had it just a second ago, I swear...

How do y'all deal with your body changing "negatively", or not changing positively, when it was because of something you chose to do, and in all reality shouldn't feel any guilt whatsoever about it?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I agree.

I also feel it in how my clothes fit as well as the fact that it's easier to move around (less bloated belly or spare tire).