Running my first 1/2 Marathon before the big 3-0

Options
I started walking when I joined this site on February 10, 2011 since then I have done a couple of 5K...I am going for the big one 1/2 Marathon for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training. I want to accomplish something before I turn 30 this year. I am doing this in Memory of my Aunt that Lymphoma took from us in 1998 and for the society that supported me when I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin lymphoma in November of 2007 and received radiation through January 2008. Please share link with friends and family.....
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sc/diswine11/wgarcias5k#My-Fundraising-Page

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 1/2 Marathon. I did team in training last year and it literally changed my life - it was a great experience for a great cause. Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou: Go Team!
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great cause!!! Good luck in your 1/2.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I would love to do thier marathon. I was going to do it last year but I really have to get into shape first and work my way up! WTG!!!
  • karin263
    karin263 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've completed two half's recently. I followed a schedule that was on www.marathonwalking.com, i just did the walks as my run. Good Luck!!:smile:
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your half! Thank you for running for such a great cause. My son (he's three now) was diagnosed with leukemia last June and have since met several others in the same boat. It sounds like you are doing great and your prognosis is good. Not only are you a survivor, you are a warrior!!
  • chaparra81
    chaparra81 Posts: 31
    Options
    :'''( I have 3 sons and can't imagine your pain. Much love and positive thoughts your way. God is great and helps us get through things that we can't begin to understand. I never considered myself to be sick or even discussed it much until today!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!