Will someone please evaluate my food diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• kermy8
    kermy8 Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: Thank you, thought I must've been calculating wrong!!! x
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Can you try to cut your coffee down to two cups a day? If you have two 8 oz. cups of coffee, with one French Vanilla packet per cup, you'll cut your calories drastically. Maybe you could have a cup of green tea later if you're lagging? I've been following Jackie Warner's plan and happen to have the book with me. Here's what she says about excess caffeine:

"If you're consuming more than two cups of coffee a day, you are at risk of overworking the adrenal glands.... When the adrenals get overworked by caffeine and other factors, they eventually can't produce hormones in sufficient amounts, or can't utilize the hormones they do produce. Basically, the adrenals get wiped out. This condition is called adrenal exhaustion, and it makes you a slow metabolizer, tired all the time, and basically unwell."

If only having one creamer per cup of coffee doesn't work for you (and you must be drinking some really crappy coffee if that's the case!), you might want to consider switching to black tea. Still get the caffeine boost, but you won't have the mental association of French Vanilla creamer.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Tea is good stuff. When I want a caffeine kick, I go for Earl Grey tea. I can't drink coffee, but the tea works great!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Ok, just a quick question....
    When it says 'cups of water' does it literally mean a cup (like a mug of tea size) or a pint?
    Because I've been logging mine as pints and getting through 3 tops! But some of you are getting through 12!
    12 pints to me seems impossible!
    But I only took it as meaning pints as we're supposed to drink 8 pints a day, or so the government would say!

1 cup is equal to 8 oz
    or a measuring cup
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Ok, just a quick question....
    When it says 'cups of water' does it literally mean a cup (like a mug of tea size) or a pint?
    Because I've been logging mine as pints and getting through 3 tops! But some of you are getting through 12!
    12 pints to me seems impossible!
    But I only took it as meaning pints as we're supposed to drink 8 pints a day, or so the government would say!

1 cup is equal to 8 oz
    or a measuring cup
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think the best advice would be to change it up a bit - you seem to generally eat the same foods day in and day out. Add more protein and drink more water. You'll do great!
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wow, I am already so thankful for all the responses and insight! I really appreciate it!

As far as coffee, I have about 3 small cups a day. Do you have any recommendations on how I should sweeten my coffee without the sweater? I'm thinking skim milk and splenda?

Thanks again for your continuous help. It has all been very insightful.
    I have 2 cups of coffee with creamer every morning and over the months have made some small changes. Instead of a whole packet of Splenda per cup I now use half. Instead of regular coffee creamer I use Coffee Mate sugar free (the hazelnut is really good!) and limit it to 1 Tbs. per cup. That's only 30 calories for my two cups of coffee. I've tried using vanilla soy milk in place of the creamer, but I just didn't like it. I love it on my cereal, though!