Help with puppy names!

Options
cbratthauer
cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
I am sooooooooo excited, our friends gave my fiance and I a pitbull puppy from their litter as an early wedding gift!!! We have two dogs and a cat already, a Jack Russel (Shorty) a Lab Husky mix (Harley) and our cat (Ryno), but we can't seem to agree on a new name for this puppy. I love Luna but he says he doesn't like the na part, what does that even mean? Lol. I really want a unique name for her, does anybody have any suggestions??

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well when you said Luna it made me think of Moon (LiL Miss Moon Beam)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've always liked Lulu for a girl-pet name, but it hasn't fit anyone yet.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    poppy or jelly :D
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    how cute!! We couldn't decide on our dogs name either when we got her...so I just started being stupid and naming what I saw. (house, tree, flower, car...LOL). I got to Lexus (we were driving) and my husband perked up and said 'how about Alexis'? and that's it. That's how our Mastiff got her name. But we usually call her baby girl or sweet pea anyway! LOL
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I think Pickles is a cute & unique dog name. :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    how cute!! We couldn't decide on our dogs name either when we got her...so I just started being stupid and naming what I saw. (house, tree, flower, car...LOL). I got to Lexus (we were driving) and my husband perked up and said 'how about Alexis'? and that's it. That's how our Mastiff got her name. But we usually call her baby girl or sweet pea anyway! LOL

LOL - someone I work with who drives a Lexus and named her cat Lexie. :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Well, friend of mine has a pup named Luna, and we call it Lunatic. Just sayin... :)

My family feels that dog names need to end in the 'y' sound.
  • cbratthauer
    Options

That's funny, Ryno I had when he moved in, Shorty was his parent's dog, but Harley we got together. We couldn't agree on a name. We went to the pet store to get her a collar and decided on the pink Harley Davidson collar, I was like well if we get this we might as well name her Harley.... If it's this bad with our dogs I don't even want to know what it's going to be like with our kids!!!
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love the name Luna! Our first dog is a female puggle named Jake. Our second is a beagle/huskey mix named Sable. She got her name cause she is a beautiful sable color, but I really wanted to name her Luna. She has one brown eye, one pretty blue. But my husband hated the name Luna!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'll steal a page from the royal wedding madness... Pippa?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I think Pickles is a cute & unique dog name. :)

my friend has named all her pets names of food's staring with P.
    Pickles, Pumpkin, and Parsnip
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Casey!
  • ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    I named my pit bull puppy "Ginger", however she was raised sleeping in my bed every night and was very loved and spoilled, but somehow still grew up to be an aggressive and scary dog so she was put down. rip my little Ginger :(

good luck with yours. I know they arent all like that. I did my best to make her a loving dog but it didnt work.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    since it is a pit bull how about Snuggles or Fluffy?
  • srhine3
    srhine3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What about Chaos! With multiple pets I find there is always a little Chaos! Chilli Or Jersey is another favorite! We have 3 dogs Layla (white boxer), Tripod (three legged Cocker Spaniel) and Chaos (fawn Boxer) her name fits her perfect! and Nemo and Kong(our bengal cats) Good luck choosing something names are fun but hard to get others to aggree!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I like giving animals very human names.... like David or Barbara. "Here Barbara! Want a treat Barb?"
  • cbratthauer
    Options
    I named my pit bull puppy "Ginger", however she was raised sleeping in my bed every night and was very loved and spoilled, but somehow still grew up to be an aggressive and scary dog so she was put down. rip my little Ginger :(

good luck with yours. I know they arent all like that. I did my best to make her a loving dog but it didnt work.

That's sad!!! I used to have a pitbull but had to give her up because of my crazy work/school schedule and never being home to take care of her. She was 1 when I got her and 2 when I got rid of her, and the sweetest dog ever. A lot of my friends have pits too... My fiance wasn't crazy about letting them give her to me because she's a pit but I printed off a bunch of statistics and stuff to give to him. I'm very persistant when I want something lol. I think once he's around her and sees he'll be a lot happier with his decision :) Plus she'll be growing up around other dogs, a cat, and kids so she will be exposed to everything right away! We have a dog trainer that we will be getting lessons from as well. Since we don't have any kids of our own (just nieces and nephews) I pretty much spend all my money on our dogs and cat lol
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    Riley... Blossom... Koda... Bean... kinda depends on personality...
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I like Luna...but here are a few more ideas

Roxie
    Delilah
    Bailey
    Kat (ironic..LOL)

Good luck
  • cbratthauer
    Options
    What about Chaos! With multiple pets I find there is always a little Chaos! Chilli Or Jersey is another favorite! We have 3 dogs Layla (white boxer), Tripod (three legged Cocker Spaniel) and Chaos (fawn Boxer) her name fits her perfect! and Nemo and Kong(our bengal cats) Good luck choosing something names are fun but hard to get others to aggree!

Bengals? Oh I'm VERY jealous. I have ALWAYS wanted a Bengal cat, but my fiance is not a cat person. He claims he only likes my cat because she's *****y and keeps to herself lol...