Why eat exercise calories back?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Why put gas in your engine?

Simply put... a safe deficit in your daily calorie account is built in.

When you do extra work, you need extra energy to help build muscle and repair tissue damage.

The alternative to feeding the engine, is to have the engine consume itself and it'll use muscle tissue to do it.

Well said ;-)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I see this topic over and over and over again. Just look at XX number of people on here who have lost 100 pounds or more, and I can almost GUARANTEE you that every single one of them eats their exercise calories back at least to a moderate degree if not all the way.

Don't you think those individuals are a pretty good place to start? :happy:

NO, not for those of us who are a healthy weight and here to lose vanity weight and/or tone up. The deficit is a much more complicated issue when you are a healthy BMI b/c MFP won’t put your deficit below 1200. All the details have been explained by Banks in the past here on MFP, I just wanted to point out how the rare morbidly obese individual who fixes their life and loses 100+ lbs is not inspiration to all of us*

*NOT AN INSULT, good for everyone for improving their life but I personally don’t applaud people who have gone so far on either end of the weight spectrum. It’s like a smoker who quits, I never started smoking but yet no pat on the back for me. My point, do it for yourself, you are the only one who matters.

I do, and will applaud those people, and anyone for that matter... who have made the efforts to make themselves healthier... It takes a lot of guts to realize and admit that you need to change.. be it weight, smoking, or drugs and alcohol... And for those who are strong enough to take charge of their lives and make those tough decisions... GOOD FOR YOU!!! p.s lets keep MFP a positive and encouraging place for EVERYONE =+) non of us our perfect ... that's why we are all here.