Mom Stories

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
It's Mother's Day weekend, let's share funny stories about our mothers.

First of all, you have to understand my mom is the real life version of Edith Bunker. That being said, my mom and dad went on their first overseas trip when she was around 40 (pre 9/11). Coming back into the country through customs, my mom was in a long line waiting to have her luggage checked. When it came her turn, the man from customs started to go through his spiel in a very monotone voice he asked her to keep her hands in plain sight at all times. He continued to ask her if she had any plants, food, animals, etc. that she was bringing into the country all the time looking though her first piece of luggage. When he finished the first piece of luggage he looked up at mom as he reached for the next piece. There standing very quietly was my mom with her hands held up in the air as if she was being held at gun point. The customs man said, "Why do you have your arms in the air?" To which my mom replied, "You said to keep my hands where they could be seen at all times!" His reply was, "Oh hell Lady, just put your hands down and get out of here!" He closed the rest of her and dads luggage without looking through them and moved on to the next person in line. So now, we joke that if you want to sneak anything into the country just give it to mom!

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Ha thats too funny,

At a wedding I was at with my parents we were sitting there at our table before dinner. Well they had the butter for your buns in lil drops on a plate, they kind or looked like baking chips, anyways out of no where she grabs one and put it in her mouth, my mouth just dropped, mom?!! Why are you eating butter??? OMG she thought it was candy....
  • ColeyCannoli
    ColeyCannoli Posts: 147
    Options
    lol, your mom seems awesome.
    I don't have a real funny story but me and my mom are very close. We even got matching tattoos in honor of my dad. She's the best ever! :flowerforyou:
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Ha thats too funny,

At a wedding I was at with my parents we were sitting there at our table before dinner. Well they had the butter for your buns in lil drops on a plate, they kind or looked like baking chips, anyways out of no where she grabs one and put it in her mouth, my mouth just dropped, mom?!! Why are you eating butter??? OMG she thought it was candy....

:laugh: Did she spit it out? I did that once at a salad bar in a badly lite club. I thought what I had scooped onto a crack was jam. It was caviar. I like caviar but not when I'm expecting jam! UCK!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the funniest thing i can remember is pulling out of a mc'donalds one day into the turning lane waiting for the light to turn. another lane was turning our way and giving my mom the dirtiest looks and she was cussing them!!!!! we couldn't figure out why at first then we realized she didn't pull into the turning lane at all but the lane for oncoming traffic!!!!!!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    the funniest thing i can remember is pulling out of a mc'donalds one day into the turning lane waiting for the light to turn. another lane was turning our way and giving my mom the dirtiest looks and she was cussing them!!!!! we couldn't figure out why at first then we realized she didn't pull into the turning lane at all but the lane for oncoming traffic!!!!!!

OMG! Did you get hit?
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options

OMG! Did you get hit?

LOL no, that's why it's funny ;)
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    bump