Keeping your boobs when losing weight? (One for the girls!)

Options
2»

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    breast tissue is mainly composed of fatty tissue and other tissue. so there really is no way to keep your breast size if you are losing fat.

of course most of the size lost depends on genetics, hormones and overall fat loss
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My boobs became pecs. :indifferent:

...oh, wait... *rereads topic title* ...

Ladies...I have pecs! :bigsmile:
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am counting on the economy being slow, as boob job prices plummet so plastic surgeons can keep their nice cushy homes! Way cheaper then say a heart transplant because I used mine all up lugging around so much weight! :flowerforyou:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump, mine have shrunk from a 36E to a 36 D :( i just hope they dont disappear anymore lol
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    Wow I never had boobs to lose......so sad lol
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Mine were quite small to start with and they have gone down a cup size :( My focus is fat loss, so ı assume it is a good sign, seeing as they are mostly just fat deposits!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have the same concern. I don't even know what my current size is, the last time I was measured was about 3 years ago and I was around 50DDD I think. That size is no longer accurate 'cause I've been "overflowing" a DDD cup for about a year now. I'm hoping that with weight loss I wont get smaller than a D cup. I know that still sounds really big, but based on my family, I think that's about what I should expect. Plus a lot of my bra size is in the number before the letter, which I'm totally fine with that number shrinking, 'cause that means I'm getting smaller around the rib cage, where my rolls sit. I think if I can get the actual cup size to go down about 3 sizes and the number to go down by 12-14 inches, I'd be one happy camper.
    I should probably add that I'm over 5'7 with broad shoulders, so I'm quite capable of supporting D's even with a smaller frame.
    Also, My goal weight is on the higher side of my healthy weight range. I'm projected to be around 118- 160, and I'm shooting for 150.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What's really weird is that although my boobs have definitely already shrunk a little even though I haven't lost much weight yet, my cup size has actually gone up from B to C because my under-boob bit has gone down by over 2 inches.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty much gone :'(
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i started as a 40D and i'm now a 38DD after losing 45lbs. i still have 85lbs to go, but as long as my waist continues to shrink, i won't mind getting a little smaller. (DD's are hard to shop for anyway, and they're all UGLY!!) i haven't been a C since i was like 14, so i'm hoping i'm just naturally a D, but if i'm a C and my waste is small, then i won't mind too much :) that's why they invented push up bras!! ;)
  • julie_a_griffin
    julie_a_griffin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really hope I don't lose too much on mine. I'm a double G cup at the moment, but I hope I don't go down smaller than a DD. I've had big boobs all my life. It would feel wierd not to have anything there. I've read that if we do some strenthening exercises, it can help keep their size, but I can't remember where I read it. I must track down that article again.