Going to a hibachi restaurant tonight...help please!

Options
nc1191
nc1191 Posts: 51 Member
Any opinions on the healthiest choices at a hibachi restaurant? I know it doesn't help that everything is covered in oil and butter but any input would help! Thanks!

Replies

• Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Seriously -- I'd load up on all the vegies they throw at ya -- literally. Nummy--enjoy.
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    sushi
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Order steamed rice and you can request for them to not use as much butter/oil on your items. They will cook them separate if you ask.

Also, if they offer sushi, salad and soup, opt for that route instead. You will still get the show from other's food. I did horrible when I went to the hibachi place because I didn't know but now I do.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'd go with chicken/shrimp lots of veggies and maybe some brown rice. Have a good time.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Chicken & LOTS of veggies. They don't use that much oil & skip the soup (Sodium) and fried rice...no matter how yummy it is!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    VEGGIES!!!! OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOVE their veggies, at hibachi places that is.... and like someone else said, you can ask for no oil, or whatever... or ask for more garlic (i do, sooo yummy!) and you want teh stuff made in front of you go for the chicken, and just remember portion control, i wouldnt order the noodles or rice though cause that stuffs good! and you wont be able to handle yourself haha.... but maybe even shrimp too, ... so to narrow it down i say shrimp or chicken and veggies! :) ENJOY!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein first then the veggies!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's actually a pretty healthy option, as long as you don't indulge in the rice. The soup, salad, veggies, and whatever meat you want, are very low cal/nutrient dense items. The calories REALLY add up when you add the rice into the picture (not to mention the tremendous amt. of carbs and oil in there). I usu. have a few spoonfuls of the fried rice - enough to satisfy my urge (b/c it's sooooo tasty!), but not enough to blow my day. Then I take the rest home for the kids. They love it.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Last couple of times I've gotten tuna and no rice. Can't resist that soup tho!