Can you pass the Army Physical Fitness Test?

Options
Earlier today, I saw someone post regarding passing the Army fitness test, and I was curious to what that entailed.

Here is what I found:
http://www.howtopasstheapft.com/the-us-army-physical-fitness-table.html

A passing score is over 60 percent in each of 3 exercises: Pushups, Situps and a 2 mile run.

The scores are adjusted to age and gender.

Before MFP, there would be no chance for me. Now, I would pass the pushups and situps - but I'm not so sure about the 2 mile run. Perhaps if there was one of those cartoon drill sergeants running behind me, yelling with his veins poking out of his forehead I could, but I'd barely squeak by.

Now, I hope that they don't reinstate the draft.

This will be my next goal. Anyone else?

Replies

• kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Heyy great goal!!! Its amazing that when you look back before you began you couldnt do any of that, but here you are and you can pass the calesthetics part of it! GREAT JOB!!! =] I think you can do the two mile jog! Its mind set go out there and do it!

This is a similar goal to what I am doing. I want to pass the USMC male PFT. My husband is active duty and they PT and conduct PFT all the time so he helps me on what I need to do. PFT for my age range:

I think is a 3 mile jog under 28 mins
    3 pull ups
    50 situps in 2 mins

My first goal was the female PFT. So to say I completed that makes me really happy! You have to run 3 miles in 31 mins, you have to do 15 secs flex arm hang and 50 crunches! DONE!!!! I feel like its a long way from where I started!!

So my next goal is to do the USMC Male PFT =]

Good luck!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The British army running goal is 1.5 miles in 13 minutes for a woman under 30. I first tried it two months ago and it took nearly fifteen minutes. Last week I did it in under 12. Very happy. I'm now working on getting my 5k time under 25 minutes. So far I'm just under 26 having started at 37. I love running! Just a shame it doesn't love my knees!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That's interesting. I could pass the sit ups and the run. Couldn't pass the push ups if my life depended on it.