Yet more name talk...

Options
Since we're on a roll...

If you have kids and you're comfortable sharing, what are their names?

And whether you have them or not, if you suddenly had a/another baby tomorrow - or your wife/girlfriend/some woman you had random casual sex with did, for the guys - (just go with it here and pretend suddenly having a baby wouldn't be totally insane/impossible), and it was totally up to you, what would you name it? Boy and girl.

Replies

• Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i dont have children, but if i did:

Girl - Tiffany-Marie
    Boy - Bailey Andrew
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Patryck and Amanda
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have children - lots of children! I'll start with the biological:

Stephanie Lynn (aged 29)
    Steven LaRue (named after his dad - aged 28)
    William Anthony (aged 26)
    Timothy Lee (deceased at age 3)

Now, the adopted:

Kayla Joy (got her at age 7, named by her bio mum - she's 15 now)
    Chiquitta Chiquel (got her at age 2, named by bio mum - she's 9 now)
    Ulishabelinda Shiane (got her at age 1, named by bio mum - she's 7 now)
    Nathaniel Lee (got him when he was 11 hours old, named by us) - he's 6 now
    Conrad Fernando (got him at 1 and 11 months, named by bio mum, he turned 2 in Feb)

We are also about to have another child (adopted). Court has already given us custody so we will name. We know it's a boy and so far we are still talking about names (he's due in July). Top name so far is Alexander - haven't a clue on a middle yet! :)
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My son is Wyatt Richard and my daughter is Piper Rebecca :) Love them...
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Chadley, Abigail and Scott - Scott has decided the acronym of their names also means

Super
    Cool
    Alliance.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but do like:
    Megan or Michalah or McKenna - girls
    Toran or Marcus - boys
  • cblr1976
    cblr1976 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've got 4

Craig
    Bethany
    Layla
    Reilly
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Don't have kids yet, but will definitely use Eleanor Katherine for a girl and Anatole Linus for a boy when I do; I've had them chosen for ages.

I looooove Ophelia for a girl, it's technically my second favourite, after Eleanor Katherine, but I can never use it :sad: so my realistic second favourite for a girl is Lillian Caroline or Caroline Lillian, can't decide which order I prefer. Anna Frances is my third favourite.

If I ever have two sons I'll be screwed because I don't really have a second favourite name for a boy. I like Emile, August, Milo, and Jude, but meh, not really enough to actually use. I used up all my major favourites for boys - Phineas, Henry, and Oliver - on my cats, oops.

I like "old lady" names for girls, and unusual, "eccentric" ones for boys (and yes, my poor hypothetical son will probably hate me for that).

Yes, I am a crazy over-planner - as in, I carefully decided which universities I wanted to apply to when I was 12 and stuck with the plan level crazy over-planner, for example. :laugh:
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love Bailey for a Girl too. I have two kids. One of each, Megan Elizabeth (which is so plain) and Julian River (I love his name but he hates it).

Others I like are:
    For Girls:
    Samatha Erin
    Tyler Rae
    (Can you tell I like boy names for girls)

For Boys:
    Conner Micheal
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    I have children - lots of children! I'll start with the biological:

Stephanie Lynn (aged 29)
    Steven LaRue (named after his dad - aged 28)
    William Anthony (aged 26)
    Timothy Lee (deceased at age 3)

Now, the adopted:

Kayla Joy (got her at age 7, named by her bio mum - she's 15 now)
    Chiquitta Chiquel (got her at age 2, named by bio mum - she's 9 now)
    Ulishabelinda Shiane (got her at age 1, named by bio mum - she's 7 now)
    Nathaniel Lee (got him when he was 11 hours old, named by us) - he's 6 now
    Conrad Fernando (got him at 1 and 11 months, named by bio mum, he turned 2 in Feb)

We are also about to have another child (adopted). Court has already given us custody so we will name. We know it's a boy and so far we are still talking about names (he's due in July). Top name so far is Alexander - haven't a clue on a middle yet! :)

Wow, how cool that you've formed part of your family through adoption, I admire that. And love your choice of Alexander, fab. name!
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I have a daughter named Emerson October, and if I ever have a boy his name will by Towbin Arcade!
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Chadley, Abigail and Scott - Scott has decided the acronym of their names also means

Super
    Cool
    Alliance.

Haha, that's really cute. Cool kid.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow, how cool that you've formed part of your family through adoption, I admire that. And love your choice of Alexander, fab. name!

Thanks. All my adopted children were first Child, Youth and Family (CYF) kids. They are also ALL from the same bio parents! When we went into fostering we told CYF we only wanted ONE child. See how well they listened? :-) LOL couldn't live without my kids, they are my life :)

(I did the quote function wrong me thinks)
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    My sons name is Kayden!!!!!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    No kids... Got to pick my two nieces names.. two girls
    Nicole and Cassie

For years i have always said if i had a girl i would name her bailey really like that name then my boyfriend came along and his surname name is daly.
    Bailey Daly no thank you lol so will have to rethink that one.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My sons name is Kayden!!!!!

Love that name
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have Amy Lynne and Steven Dennis.

I also like the names Andre' (named my cat Andre'),
    Lacey (would have been my son's name if he had been a girl) and
    Mary
  • allroundthesun
    Options

Thanks. All my adopted children were first Child, Youth and Family (CYF) kids. They are also ALL from the same bio parents! When we went into fostering we told CYF we only wanted ONE child. See how well they listened? :-) LOL couldn't live without my kids, they are my life :)

(I did the quote function wrong me thinks)

Oh, that's a really cool connection for them to have with one another! Did you adopt Kayla, Chiquitta, Ulishabelinda, and Nathaniel all at the same time, or over time? Tell me to mind my own business if I am prying, I'm just always interested in hearing about families' experiences with adoption, as it's something I think I might like to do myself one day.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My sons name is Elijah Asa
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My boys are called Kieran and Josh.

If I had a little girl I like the names Sophie or Rose.