alli pill?

Options
tara4487
tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
has anyone tried and if so does iit work im curious?

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it, but know from other's experiences and from this site that some people do well on it IF they stick strictly to the eating plan...otherwise there are some unfortunate side effects......
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlistat

Orlistat is the active ingredient in Alli. For it to work you need to change your eating patterns, and start exercising. Unfortunately it isn't a magical pill.

The side effects are not pleasant though...
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had tried it before and even though I had none of the side effects, I am not sure how much it really helped. If you are going to follow and eating plan and exercise wouldn't you rather not rely on a pill.... at least if you don't take it you are going to know that when you meet you goal you did it all on your own with out the help of a pill.

Side Note- I had a friend that had the side effects and they are NOT pretty.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have never taken it or any other pill but I have thought about it and I keep coming back to "what happens when you get to your goal weight and you stop taking the pill...will you gain it all back?"
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    I took Alli before I came to this site. If you read the Alli diet plan it's a very strict low fat diet. If you follow the diet the Alli pills really don't do anything......the Alli only helps if you eat in excess of the fat allowed for your meal. However, you pay a pretty hefty gross penalty for going over. I never had to deal with the side effects because I was too scared to go over my fat grams and find out how bad it could get. I decided it wasn't worth the money to keep taking them.
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree they are pretty pricey and I really didn't see any difference when i stopped taking them
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Even if you eat the way the Alli plan suggests you will still **** your pants! I would lose weight taking it if I knew I would **** on myself every time I ate something. I don't suggest it.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't lose weight and I didn't have any unfortunate side effects. I know most people do however.
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lol thanks everyone for the advise.. i lost 28lbs but now im stuck and its getting really hard to lose now wanted to know if theres anythiing out there to help!!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i have tried it in the past and liked it, you did have to eat under 15 g of fat per a meal and i remember reading somewhere where it only works for about 6 months during the time i was on it i also cut out white bread, i quit taking it because last year there was evidence of liver damage in people that took it and I also read that in womens health. Use your best judgement.
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I tried it and more than anything, it made me very much aware of how much fat I was eating with each meal because I DID NOT want the dreaded side effects. :embarassed: But, since I was just starting out with dieting, it was a good tool to teach me to be aware of exactly how much fat was in what I was eating, but nothing more. I didn't notice much of a difference in weight loss as opposed to now. Oh, and it sort of messed up my gut, no matter how little fat was in my meals.
  • adougherty10
    Options
    I tried it. I was lucky to not have the bad side effects (I eat a fairly low fat diet anyway). I did not lose any weight from it though. It didn't work for me and was just a waste of money.