Photo depressed me

Options
So I went to a swim party yesterday. My friend emailed me the pictures last night. OMG I look huge! I mean you dont realize how big you are I guess until you see yourself in a picture. It was totally devastating. I have only lost 5lbs, and gained 1 back and am not sure why because I did good on my calories yesterday and did 1hr of cardio and went swimming.

Just blah today :grumble:

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    So I went to a swim party yesterday. My friend emailed me the pictures last night. OMG I look huge! I mean you dont realize how big you are I guess until you see yourself in a picture. It was totally devastating. I have only lost 5lbs, and gained 1 back and am not sure why because I did good on my calories yesterday and did 1hr of cardio and went swimming.

Just blah today :grumble:
  • vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    Options
    hey i know exactly what you mean! on days that i think i look good, i take one look at the pics and think, what the hell!? how can i look like that? its disturbing. know our weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs daily due to water weight, so don't let that disburb you. if you weight in the am and then pm it will be different. guaranteed.
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Girl,

We all have those times. Don't let this discouarge you. Use that picture as motivation to get to your goal. I have a picture of myself on my cellphone and whenever I want to cheat I look at that picture and exercise. :embarassed: Pick one day out of the week as your weigh in day and record your weigh on that day only. My day is Monday, so no matter what happens during the week up or down, the only weight I go by is Monday. :smile:

85625.png
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a photo to get you motivated to make a change! Just stay on track and keep up the good work!!! You can do it!

• BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Pics always make you look bigger. Remember what others have said on here, "it isnt a sprint but a marathon." Dont let it get you down and miss out your potential.
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Hey, C/M!
    Save the photo - that is your "Before"!
    You are going to have the greatest "After" side by side with your "Before"!
    Keep the eyes on the prize and enjoy the journey!
    Love,
    Jenny
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Pics always make you look bigger. Remember what others have said on here, "it isnt a sprint but a marathon." Dont let it get you down and miss out your potential.

I like the quote!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, and don't give up!

And remember some people just don't take the best photos (no offense to your friend!)
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Heya CM, I can sooooo totally relate! A year ago, at my son's wedding, I was bulging out of my tux, and just simply felt awful!:angry: The pics showed me grimacing, instead of my usual smile. :mad: I felt bad 'cause I didn't want to ruin thier wedding photo's (in the end they got a fdew of me that were ok), but I was just so disgusted with myself.

So... here I am, and feeling better about myself. I haven't lost much weight yet (4th week in) but my clothes are fitting better, the wonderful wife Ezzie says my belly is a bit smaller, and I feel like I'm on track to make positive changes. Hang in hun, we now have all the tools, and resources to take this day by day, and even meal by meal, and still be satisfied with what we eat, and how we exercise! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    a few years ago I read a story about 3 grown children looking for recent pictures of their deceased mother. They were so sad that there was no photos of her for like 10 yrs. She always jumped out of the frame, saying I am too fat, I have wrinkles, I dont like the way I look in pix.

I decided that day I would jump INTO every pix I could. See, it doesnt really matter what you look like, your family and friends love you.

Now that is not so say I didnt learn tricks like:
    crossing my legs while standing in photo-takes off 10 lbs:wink:
    putting my arms behind me-cant see the 'batwings':noway:
    raising my chin and not smiling like an idiot so my eyes disappear.:bigsmile:
    and standing towards the back of a group.:blushing:

Of course now that we are on this great journey we will jump to the front-right!!!

You probably dont look as bad as you think, but it is great motivation!! have a great day.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain I feel the same way i look great to myself in the mirror but a picture seems to catch all of my bad traits.
  • cmadams
    cmadams Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just recently started my program, and I've posted my "before" pic on the fridge. It is a good reminder whenever I feel like grabbing something just to fill a void and not for because I'm hungry (helps sometimes then too).
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    The pictures...that's why I haven't been in a picture in I can't tell you how long!

I guess for me looking in the mirror isn't that bad because I don't look that big from the front, but when I turn sideways or look at picture of me from the side, OMG! It's so disgusting, I look like a overstuffed sausage! UGH.

I am so happy tho...my stomach, my shelf, is dissapearing!

I can do this! I can, I can, I can!!!

Don't let those pictures get to you! Some people can use them for motivation and others can't. I can't right now.