Onion Fried Burgers

Options
Okay...unless you are from Oklahoma you may not know about these. I grew up in small town where they are known for making the largest onion fried burger on the first saturday of May. They've even talked about these and the event on the Food Network. I go to this huge event every year. Tomorrow is my fist time going while dieting........don't know if I'm strong enough to not eat at least one. These hamburgers are soooo amazing.

Replies

• mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and do it. Just make up for it later with exercise. Everyone needs a cheat day or you'll never stick to it the rest of the time. My two cents anyway.
  • olianma11
    olianma11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Maybe you could take few bites to stop the temptation. It won't work for everyone. Dont do it if you dont think it won't work for you.
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and do it. Just make up for it later with exercise. Everyone needs a cheat day or you'll never stick to it the rest of the time. My two cents anyway.

I agree...since it's a once a year thing. It's not like you'll do it everyday. Since you live in small town, maybe you could walk to the event and back instead of drive? Burn off some extra calories.
  • Kell44
    Kell44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agree with mndamon - do it, then go work it off. If life is all about deprivation - you'll never succeed. The goal is healthy balance - which means it tips back and forth. Enjoy.
  • Allishole
    Allishole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    El Reno?? I grew up in Yukon so I totally know what you are talking about! I bet you could eat a little one and just make up for it in exercise...everyone needs a little cheat day now and then! Have fun!!
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat one..just eat good the rest of the day..and get some exercise in! Sounds like a rare occasion...Enjoy!!!
  • jamievolner
    jamievolner Posts: 35
    Options

I agree with this all the way.
  • stephaniehope
    stephaniehope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree... You've got to at least allow yourself to splurge every now and then. Stressing and guilting about it is more likely to add pounds, then if you give yourself permission to treat yourself this one time. And like you said, it's just once a year. Be sure and squeeze in a workout too though! That will probably make you feel better about the treat.
  • jwinegeart
    jwinegeart Posts: 5
    Options
    I live in El Reno! So funny to see this.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Where in OK? just curious I'm near the border