I hate my arms! Help!!!!

Options
OK, so I know my eyes may just be playing tricks on me, but it seems like every time I look in the mirror, my arms double in size. Ladies, I know you feel my pain when you refrain from waiving to someone for fear you will fly away! Does anyone have really good arm exercises that target the triceps? I do cardio and also it seems that no matter how many chair dips, and tricep extensions I do, nothing seems to work. :grumble: :cry: :sad:

Replies

• karlz87
    karlz87 Posts: 37
    Options
    I feel exactly the same... please... your tips are needed!!! :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    No way to spot reduce fat. You have to lose fat through diet mostly...
  • Roseisadreamer
    Options
    well, its more of an overall body work out but the 30 day shred has toned both my stomach and my arms - my arm flab is toning up nicely already, and ive only been doing the dvd for 11 days :)
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    ME TOO. it seems like tricep exercises just make them bigger. and not any less flabby. :(
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Got bad news ladies and gents, the arms are reportedly the LAST place the fat melts off of. Just focus on health and changing your life and eventually you'll notice some positive things happening!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have bat wings, so I totally feel your pain. I have noticed that the more strength training I do the more solid I feel. I've even worn short sleeves tops recently that I NEVER would have considered. What's helped is working all the arm and shoulder muscles, not any one particular tricep workout. My shoulders are more defined and my biceps have more definition and it seems to diminish the look of the batwings.
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that Turbo Jam or TurboFire with weighted gloves has worked the best for me! I tried P90X but it was too much weight lifting and not enough cardio. I still have a little "squishy" but I can feel I am toning up. Hope this helps-best of luck!
  • misssimone08
    Options
    Try working out with resistance bands....they will tone and shape your arms i promise
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    losing overall fat is the answer. I hate mine too, but when I was really skinny (even not working out at all) my flabby arms disapeared.
    Now I am much healthier than by that time, working out 5-6 times a week, eating right, but guess who are there??? So, thats is the reason I would like to burn 5 to 8 extra lbs. Maybe they leave me in peace!
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for your advice! I tried the 30 Day Shred and it turned out to be more like 90 days lol :) Maybe I will try Turbo jam or Turbo Fire, maybe even ChaLean. Anyone have success with these?
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    Are you guys talking about excess fat on your arms? If so you "cannot" target specific body parts to make that go away. Any arm workouts you do will firm and tone the muscle but unless you remove the body fat from your arms then you will never see the desired affect. This is a common mistake that many have found and the biggest is crunches or any other ab work. You can work those till the cow comes home but if they are covered in fat you will never see them.

Nothing wrong with firming the muscle; continue that. Cardio, proper eating ... you've probably heard this all before. And understand the first place you gained fat is more likely to be the last place you lose it too.

If this is a genetic thing, you are very limited to what you can do.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You do have to reduce all over, but it certainly helps to focus on toning at the same time (plus, building muscle increases your metabolism).

Make sure you work your entire arm. The muscles work together, so if you were to work the triceps and ignore the shoulders and biceps, your results would be minimal. My triceps are MUCH improved now that I have toned biceps and shoulders!

(p.s. The Firm workouts are my favorite. Overall toning plus cardio. LOVE!)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jillian Michaels DVD's and they are awesome. I've done the 30 day shred and No more trouble zones. She does a whole circut on just on triceps (but also does one on biceps,and shoulders). I have lost 2.5" off my right arm and 2" off my left. Good luck, it's a hard area to work but you can do it.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Are you guys talking about excess fat on your arms? If so you "cannot" target specific body parts to make that go away. Any arm workouts you do will firm and tone the muscle but unless you remove the body fat from your arms then you will never see the desired affect. This is a common mistake that many have found and the biggest is crunches or any other ab work. You can work those till the cow comes home but if they are covered in fat you will never see them.

Nothing wrong with firming the muscle; continue that. Cardio, proper eating ... you've probably heard this all before. And understand the first place you gained fat is more likely to be the last place you lose it too.

This. Again, only eating right will get you what you want.
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire I am currently on Week 9 and I've lost 14.5 inches and 12 pounds! It so fun and the music rocks! I am officially addicted !
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options

This. Again, only eating right will get you what you want.

I stand by this; you need cardio and you need proper eating. Eating is what got you here in the first place so just by watching what you eat is not going to get rid of this. Eating right is the first step and now cardio to burn over-all fat on the body is the next step. You need to burn it off with exercise and eating does not burn.