What order does the fat come off?

Options

Replies

• LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Women and men lose differently. Women tend to lose from the head down. We lose the midsection and butt last because that is where we store all that good "child-bearing" stuff! Men tend to lose all over the body at the same time. They literally shrink!
  • e3m3m3i
    e3m3m3i Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1- ribcage and chest
    2- mid section
    3- face
    4- back
    5- legs, hips, and arms.

I tend to hold most of my weight in my upper legs and hips. :( I wish that would go first.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I find that it is first on and last off. So my hips and thighs get the weight first and then my tummy and arms etc...and when I lose it it comes off my top half first and then my hips and thighs etc later...

Where it comes off on you first will differ from everyone else...but think...where did you gain it first...that will be the last to go.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It's actually somewhat individual, depending on diet, and genetics. I lose weight off my waist first, probably because that's the last place it goes, then arms, then thighs. I don't hold much weight elsewhere, it's mostly on my arms and legs, so that stuff is tough for me to lose.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty such you lose fat from all over... and you just notice it easier (and faster) in the places where there was already a smaller amount of fat... hence the fact that you can't target "trouble areas" on your body.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've heard the last place you lose is the first place you gain, and vice versa. If you notice your belly getting bigger before the rest of your body, it will go last.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    face
    bum
    belly
    hips
    legs
    arms
    chest
    other

arrange those into a random order, that's generally what you get.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    420503_353617287993546_199797146708895_1211804_830609941_n.jpg
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My face for sure lost first. My boobs are taking the longest to loose.
  • YogaLife4me
    YogaLife4me Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of my weight in my fingers. 15 pounds.

And my fingers were already skinny, anyway. :cry:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My gut is holding on to the very end. ugh.

Seriously, it's so bad a stranger asked me the other day when my baby was due.

#self confidence FAIL

LOL
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Last hired, first fired.

Women usually lose thighs/butt last; boobs, waists, face, arms, chest first.

Guys usually keep gut fat/back fat till last.

Pretty much this. Every body's body is different. Some people have a more difficult time with abs, for me abs are easy but the *kitten*/thigh area is slowest by far.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I noticed it on my thighs the first.

Don't think I've lost much (at least not visible) on my arms.

Other than that I think I lost some everywhere plus my left boob is suddenly smaller and I do hope the other one is going to catch up soon!
  • hnguthrie
    hnguthrie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. Generally, women have an easier time losing belly fat than hips/butt/thighs, but the reverse has been true for me. I've lost everything BUT my belly.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    From head to toe. Even though I have lost inches all over the majority come off the top first.

I wish I would lose fat on my toes! They are very chubby. :D
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    my waist is sooooooooooooo big i lose it their a littel then it gose to my legs and everywhere else then back to my waist line and i lose their i'm trying to make it come of my waist frist
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It is all genetic and varies with the person.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For me, it's stomach first, thighs, butt, back, then the arms. Stupid arms. D: It's all genetic and varies. :D
  • penell5
    penell5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually notice it first in my stomach and my face.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I lost in my face first,then chest,upper arms butt, and legs....due to how I gained the weight,junk and beer, I KNOW my stomach will be the last to go!!![although it has gone down some.