Options
Hi, I'm Melissa..I started using MFP about a week ago.. Sometimes life throws some curve balls and it has thrown me 3 beautiful ones, my kids.. I didn't start off a big girl and before I got pregnant with my oldest was weighing 119.. Well within a 5 yr period I delivered 3 kids and gained alot.. When I delivered my last child I weighed in a a whooping 285lbs.. Within my healing period and before returning back to work I did lose some of that but not enough to be happy.. When my youngest turned 6 months we returned back to the mainland from Hawaii..By then I was weighing 220.. But within the yrs I have gained being my biggest last March at 250.. My kids would look at me telling me I needed to go on a diet and I was depressed with myself..Plus, with all the weight gain, health issues began to rise with me.. Last March I decided to change me.. I'm tired of being Fat. I get told I'm beautiful, but all I see is this ugly person standing within all the fat.. So the change began..I have no excuse anymore, my babies are growing up and very active and Mommy loves to be active just along with them.. but the weight keeps me from doing it.. I have lost over 68lbs since last March, but I still have over 100lbs to lose.. While my children are at school I see myself spending time at the gym and then of the evening after dinner my children and I are doing Zumba on the Wii.. I'm determined and hopefully a yr from now I will be at my goal weight..

Replies

• bethany7687
    bethany7687 Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You'll do great. Friend me if you like. Love to share encouragement with you.
    Bethany