New in town AND to this site

Options
Hiya!

I recently moved across the country to San Francisco for a new job and I tend to gain weight whenever I move (which has been often). I am hoping to find some friends on here who are going through similar life changes. Hit me up if you can relate!

Replies

• kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    don't give up, nobody is perfect. everyone makes mistakes. great job on joining up. keep up the good work. you've made the first step on a path to a better you, find your core motivation, hold onto for dear life and run with it. find something that works for you, then once you start seeing results use that boost in motivation to step it up a notch and hone in on your ideal fitness plan. for me it is an hour of walking in the morning, 20-30 minutes of running at lunch and an hour or so of weights in the evening. i was NOOOOOO where near able to consider doing that in the beginning though. first i started off eating right, then i start to shed, then i started to walk a littl bit, then as i lost more i added a litt bit of weights, and progressed from there. its not a race to your ideal weight, it's a long term improvement of your total fitness level and lifestyle choices.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm about to move (in a couple months) across the country from California to West Virginia. This will be my first big move and I keep hearing about how people tend to gain weight when they move... hopefully I can avoid it but we'll see! Add me if you want to. :smile:
  • yevans
    yevans Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, a cheesehead! I'm a fib :-)

I gained weight when I moved out here, too. Trying to lose it... I can relate!