Q for the joggers out there

Options
zoebea33
zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
Hi guys i'm currently doing C25K, yesterday i did wk2 day1 well afterwards i was in agony not in my legs but the top of my stomach, felt sick with pain sort of a winded kind of feeling. Am i doing something wrong i really want to carry on doing it? Thanks in advance x

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'd guess that your stomach muscles have just realised they have a job to do! Mine are fine but my quads were screaming at me, and my bum was noticeably 'worked', if you know what I mean. I expect as I get further into it, to find other muscles I'd forgotten I had!

Well done for doing W2D1 - I bet you feel proud of yourself for doing it! Did you find it felt like a big step up? I remember thinking that Wk seemed like a breeze in comparison!
  • zoebea33
    Options
    i'm loving it and i found it hard but got through it only the last jog seemed to take it out of me but the pains last night were awful didn't feel muscular though, maybe cos there hidden deep down beneath all the fat lol
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i'm loving it and i found it hard but got through it only the last jog seemed to take it out of me but the pains last night were awful didn't feel muscular though, maybe cos there hidden deep down beneath all the fat lol

LOL! Maybe you have strained something. Heard (read actually!) other people saying they felt sick and winded too, so it could be that it's normal. However, I probably the furthest it's possible to be from an expert, so hopefully other, more experienced joggers will cuip in here and give you some practical advice!

Hope you feel better very soon. x
  • zoebea33
    Options
    Thanks i actually feel fine today, i wonder if it was a bit of a tummy bug instead, just seemed to happen after i'd done the programme, who knows :tongue:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i think it may have been something to do with your diaphram and the effect that heavier breathing has had on it, did it feel like when you get really bad hiccups? concentrate on keeping a regular breathing rhythym (easier said than done i know) and that might help, again i'm no expert but a bit of air trapped there could explain the pain and the winded feeling
  • zoebea33
    Options
    Thanks whiskey that sounds spot on x